Does age matters

Hi

I request the reader to reply.

I have started my CA final preparations after being 31.
I left the MNC job due to depression.
After that I failed in business.

I am just like a fresher now with negligible experience.

How shall I start after exams?
What would be my value as a CA?

I have a huge gap between in CA and on its completion. How will I justify this gap?


Lot of anxiety and stressed up right now.
Plz help me.
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses the anxieties of starting CA final preparations at age 31 after career setbacks. While age is presented as less of a barrier, with examples of individuals qualifying later in life, the conversation also explores alternative global accounting and auditing qualifications. Additionally, it suggests pursuing in-demand skills in areas like ERP, data analytics, RPA, and GRC to enhance career prospects in today's globalised market.

Age is not a concern here. I've seen people qualify at their 40s and 50s. If you really are passionate about being CA, go for it.

Here are some alternatives to CA course in today's globlised era :
1. Get an international degree in accounting / auditing e.g.  ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA, CPA (USA / AUS / NZ), CMA (USA), CIA, CISA, CFE etc. (all these courses are much easier than CA curriculum and several online / offline coaching classes are available in India).  
2. Go for a course in ERP - SAP, Oracle EBS, Microsoft Business Central (MS Dynamics).  
3. Go for a course on Data Analytics tools (ACL, IDEA), Data Visualisation / Business Intelligence Tools (R, Power BI, Tableau, Quilkview etc.).  
4. Go for a course on a Robotic Process Automation (RPA) tool (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism etc.).  
5. Go for a course on a GRC suite (e.g. RSA Archer, ServiceNow, SAP GRC etc. ) 

After gaining these degrees / certifications / skill sets, you will easily get an opportunity in an IT company, Big4, MNC, KPO, Global Delivery Centre / Shared Services Centre of an MNC / Big4. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details