I am planning to write a few books and sell them online. I do not know how many or if any will sell. Do I need to get GST registration? Is there a threshold? Or can I just show it as income from business in ITR3 along with personal income tax as an individual?
Selling goods/services online would need to get registered under GST even if their turnover is less than 20 Lakhs i. e. no threshold limit for registration.
Agree with Sunil Sir... Any person who are supplying their goods through an E-Commerce operator is required to take Registration under GST and the threshold limit for registration is also not applicable for them.
YES YOU ARE CORRECT CA SUNIL ITS REGARDS TO SUPPLY OF SERVICES,... BUT ITS SUPPLY OF BOOKS WHICH IS EXEMPTED IN GST BY VIDE NOTIFICATION NO.2/2017 CT (RATE) , UNDER SERIAL NO.119,SO NOT REQUIRE TO TAKE REGISTRATION EVEN THOUGH THE TURNOVER EXCEEDS 20 LAC