Do I require a separate shop establishment and trade license for each state where doing transaction?

I am a proprietor doing export business from Rajasthan state and also having a trade license and shop establishment license from Rajasthan. I don't have any other office, other than the 'Rajasthan location'. Now suppose I buy and sell goods or services to other states then do I require a trade license and shop establishment license for each of these states?

 

Even if I am selling from other states then for outward sales I will be showing Rajasthan's name on the Invoice.

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores whether a proprietor operating an export business solely from Rajasthan needs separate trade and shop establishment licenses for other states they conduct transactions in. The consensus suggests that if no physical office is established in other states, the Rajasthan licenses may suffice. However, opening an office in a new state would necessitate obtaining local licenses. For a sole proprietor exporting goods from home without employees, the necessity of these licenses is questioned, with advice to apply if requested by authorities.

Trade and shop establishment license for Rajasthan state is enough in your case,
if you open an office in other state,then you have to obtain the respective licences from those states;

If you are a proprietor doing export business from Rajasthan state and selling goods or services to other states, you may not necessarily require a trade license and shop establishment license for each of these states.

 

I am thinking to start a proprietor for export business and will be running by my own. I will be simply selling handicraft items to other countries. Do I am bounded to get a 'Trade Licence' & 'Shop establishment license' ?

because the purpose of a trade license is to protect nearby staying people from any uneven effect of doing business, but in my situation, I will be keeping the stock/handicraft items at my home to export so I don't think a trade license is required at the first place.

The purpose of a shop establishment license is to protect the rights of the employees or workers & working conditions, so logically if I am not at all hiring any worker or employee then I can't avoid taking a shop establishment license.

Start doing business.
you don't need anything.

if dept request you to provide these license then you can simply apply for these.
Send details to admin @ easyaccountingaudittax.co.in

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details