Dividend reinvestment - queries

Hello,

I am foreign national and living here for last saven years.  I have investments in US equity and Debt mutual funds and there are dividend reinvestments. Do I need to declare these dividend reinvestments as part Indian income tax filing?

Thank You

Sunder

 

Replies (2)

Since you are staying ou of India since last 7 years, you are a Non Resident for Income tax purpose in India. Hence your income which has accrued and arised outside India and which is received outside India, is not liable to Tax in India. Hence you do not need to declare such income in India.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.  Let me clarify. 

I am US Citizen living in India for last 7 years. I have Dividends and Dividend reinvestments to be declared from USA based mutual funds (Vanguard). The question is how do we handle this? Since this is foreign mutual fund, this requires special handling hence this query. 

 

Thank You

Sunder

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details