Easy Office
LCI Learning

Discuss : CPT result

Page no : 3

Y@$#u (ipcc group 2, article) (683 Points)
Replied 21 January 2009

hiii... i need help about coaching  classes for ipcc both groups in  chennai... also provide details regarding their location as well as telephone numbers......

regards

yashwant

CA. Dashrath Maheshwari (TaXpert) (15090 Points)
Replied 22 January 2009

Dear Student,
CONGRATULATIONS for having passed the Common Proficiency Test held in December, 2008. I would also like to congratulate you for having chosen the Chartered Accountancy Course as the option for your career. I am sure you are a bright student and I see ray of hopes in each one of you as the budding Chartered Accountant and the potential torch bearers of the profession. I take this opportunity to wish you all the best in your academic endeavors. I would like to inform you the recent changes made to the Chartered Accountancy Course effective from 03rd December, 2008.
As per the new scheme, a CPT passed student can register for Integrated Professional Competence Course (name of Professional Competence Course (PCC) under the new scheme is Integrated Professional Competence Course) without article registration and can sit in new IPCC exam after 9 months of registration. The Integrated Professional Competence Course comprises of 2 groups.
Group I comprise of 4 papers namely:-
1. Accounting
2. Business Laws, Ethics and Communication
3. Cost Accounting and Financial Management
4. Taxation
Group II comprise of 3 papers namely:-
1. Advanced Accounting
2. Auditing and Assurance
3. Information Technology and Strategic Management.
Only on passing group I of IPCC, a student shall be eligible to get registered for articles which shall now be for a period of 3 years as against existing requirement of 3 ½ years. Further, under the new scheme a student shall be eligible to sit in Final exam in last six months of his articleship as against the existing condition to sit in Final examination only after completion of articles.
All such students getting registered for IPCC on or before 31st January, 2009 shall be eligible to sit in new IPCC examination scheduled for November 2009 as they shall complete 9 months of study course, 100 hours of Information Technology Training and Orientation Course by that time.
For the sake of recapitulation, I write below the salient features of the new scheme of education:-
Pass CPT examination Register/Enroll for Integrated Professional Competence Course(IPCC) Complete 9 months of Study Course Complete 100 hours of Information Technology Training (ITT) Complete Orientation Course (35 hours spread over one week)
Pass Group I or both Groups of Integrated Professional Competence Examination (IPCE) Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years Pass Group II of IPCC if not already passed Appear in Final Examination during last 6 months of 3 years of articled training Pass both the Groups of Final examination Get Final Examination Certificate Complete remaining period of articled training, if applicable Complete Course on General Management and Communication Skills Enroll as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”
The following table will clarify the difference between the existing Professional Competence Course and the newly launched Integrated Professional Competence Course

PCC and Articleship on or before31st January, 2009/Get registered for IPCC without Articleship PCC IPCC
PCC/IPCC – Exam Due Nov-10 Nov-09
Result of PCC/IPCC Exam Jan-11 Jan-10
Registration of Articleship under IPCC NA Jan-10
Completion of Articleship under PCC/IPCC Jun-12 Jan-13
Final Exam Due Nov-12 Nov-12
Result of Final Exam Jan-13 Jan-13

I have given the above table just to inform you the difference in two schemes and to drive home the point that you would not be a looser when you register for the new IPCC. It will be advisable to get registered immediately after the result of CPT and before 31st January, 2009 so that you would be eligible to sit in November, 2009 examination. You may visit www.icai.org for more details or can have the IPCC Prospectus for Rs. 100/- from any nearest branch office of the Institute. Should you have any question / clarification, you can write to psdos @ icai.in or scravishankar @ icai.in

best wishes to all for coming carrier

Sumit Jain (CA) (4760 Points)
Replied 06 February 2009

there is no need for revaluation of cpt exams

it is totally computerised

no chance of mistake

Sumit Jain (CA) (4760 Points)
Replied 06 February 2009

in my view, revaluation are of no use

it is totally computerised

no chance of mistake

Leave a reply