Discount rate

Hi,

I was calculating the annuity factor from interest rate. I have amortised the loan and did the same using online loan amortisation calculator. There is a small difference in Principle, interest, total interest and total principle. 

I tried several calculators and the difference exists. Why is the online calculators total interest lower than Annuity factor calculations?

Formula= Loan amount/Last year annuity factor.

Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores discrepancies between annuity factor calculations and online loan amortisation calculators. The user notes that online calculators consistently show a lower total interest amount compared to calculations using the annuity factor formula (Loan amount / Last year annuity factor). They suspect that online calculators might use different, proprietary formulas or include interest subsidies, making it difficult to replicate their exact results.

The calculation for online calculator is different for every calculator available in online

I also have made calculations from scratch and I was worried as their rate is different and I think they have some interest subsidy or something included on personal loan calculator. I guess no one can know about their asymmetric formulas.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details