ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Directors Report

Shridhi Jain (Company Secretary) (1678 Points)

28 March 2011  

Dear members,

Most of the times, I have observed that Directors' Report is jst a formality kind of thing with Private Companies. Their Directors report is much precise and to the point, jst to comply with sec. 217, thats it..

Mine it also Private co. and i think that my director report should be good and attractive and worth reading. I dont want to JST RENDER THE RESPONSIBILITY for the sake of compliance. 

But because of lack of experience, i need help here.

Can anyone please provide me draft Director Report. 

Thanks in advance.....

8 Replies

Jaideep (Service) (1363 Points)
Replied 28 March 2011

Hi Shridhi,

Very Good Efforts...

No specific formats... other than what provided, for making it more effective you can high light points of Business operations and complete review  of your last financial year. Try to provide Industry trends and how it affects your Compnay.

For Banking Interest area, its good to provide brefing of  your future projects (if activity intiated) and analysis.

For re-appointment / appointment   of Directros...include their Breif Biodata.

State voluntary compliances taken by your compnay and any social responsibilty adopted...

These are some of my inputs, Other views are most welcome...

Regards

Jaideep Pandya

2 Like

Sweety Rai (Nil) (61 Points)
Replied 28 March 2011

Hi Shridhi,

THERE IS NO SPECIFIC FORMATE FOR DIRECTOR REPORT BUT I ATTACTED THE A SAMPLE FORMATE IT WILL BE HELP FULL FOR U

PFA

Attached File : 12 directors report.doc downloaded: 2153 times
2 Like

SANTOSH SHAH (Company Secretary) (749 Points)
Replied 28 March 2011

Originally posted by : Shridhi Jain

Dear members,

Most of the times, I have observed that Directors' Report is jst a formality kind of thing with Private Companies. Their Directors report is much precise and to the point, jst to comply with sec. 217, thats it..

Mine it also Private co. and i think that my director report should be good and attractive and worth reading. I dont want to JST RENDER THE RESPONSIBILITY for the sake of compliance. 

But because of lack of experience, i need help here.

Can anyone please provide me draft Director Report. 

Thanks in advance.....

Hi Shridhi

Just like you even i was looking for a good Directors report format few days back.

One of the format was found in this forum, is attached for your reference.

Further we can custamize the Directors Report by adding additional things and make it attractive by

showing charts, trends, Graphs etc.

Please find attached the format.

regards

Santosh Shah

Attached File : 30 directors report format.pdf downloaded: 1882 times
2 Like

CS Ankur Srivastava (Company Secretary & Compliance Officer)   (17821 Points)
Replied 28 March 2011

Nice effort Shridhi... and agree with the views of learned members...

You should clearly mention and dislcose all the relevant details in the directors' report with relevant justification and explanations.

We are the Company Secretaries and to follow the good corporate governance practice is our price duty and the Concept of Corporate Governance is equally applicable to the private companies as well.

1 Like

Pothuganty sudheer (Consultant, C.A, C.S) (411 Points)
Replied 29 March 2011

Nice effort.  All most report formats posted above  cover the contents of  a good Director's Report.

I draw your attention to pay emphasis on the words posted by Ankur sir

You should clearly mention and dislcose all the relevant details in the directors' report with relevant justification and

explanationsYou should clearly mention and dislcose all the relevant details in the directors' report with relevant

justification and explanations.

Apart from this, try that report leaves  for no ambiguity.

With best wishes in all your future efforts,

1 Like

Shalu Kedia (Practice) (31 Points)
Replied 19 April 2011

Hey Many Thanks for the format of director report!

prem kumar jha (student) (27 Points)
Replied 07 October 2011

Hi All,

As known to everyone there is no special format for director's report.So it is upto we people how good and attractive we can make it.As we should incorporate about profit , if it is less that last year reasons for the same and if more profit that how we have achieved the same.What all projects company has entered into. I think we shoul share as much information about the company as we can which would not otherwise harm the internal policy.

Thanks

ars (CS) (445 Points)
Replied 07 October 2011

Dear,

Apart from what is statutorily requried and what is stated here above, I would suggest to follow a  dir. report of a good listed co. of your liking. See the  writing under the category of " Management discussion and analysis report"

It is part of dir. report, basically contains the details of what is transpired in the various mangt.discussions that has taken place abt. the business, policies, risk, threat, measures to overcome and outlook etc.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register