Direct Tax Help

Friends and Colleges I'm still in dilemma regarding which book to take up for DT.
I hardly have 22 planned days left for me to do DT and Law plus Audit and ISCA to a certain extent.
And the problem is with DT, though it is not my first attempt or the second , I don't have the right idea about the book to choose.
I got a few ideas from fellows here and some others outside,wherein I see that
1. BB Sir book and He also releases a compiler - book is easy to revise I guess. I don't have any idea about the compiler.
2. TNM Sir main book - Simple language, but it's too voluminous (around 1500 pages)
3. VG Sir's Summary plus QBank - Summary itself enuf is what ppl say and both put together comes up to around 1100 pages again.

Pls Guide me. I'm okay with PGBP and CG stuffs (IPCC topics) but, I am no good at Assessment Procedures.
Pls tell me which book to proceed so that I can aim an exemption and also finish well in time.
Replies (4)

Hello Anu

Theres No Short cut to clearing DT.

Its syllabus is voluminous and requires conceptual clarity.

In 22 planned days - in my opinion its practically impossible to get concepts clarity.

BB Sir s compact book/ VG Sirs Summary Module can give you summary of provisions which i think you can go through in 22 days depending on your speed of understanding and time devoted to the subject.

Thanks 

This is my personal opinion and is at your discreet for acceptance.

Keeping in mind you already have a strong base knowledge of direct taxes and the crump in number of days allowed. I would recommend you to proceed with BB sirs compact.

Why??

1.less than 400 pages of provisions in crux relevant from exam point in lucid manner.

2.After completing each chapter assess your understanding with compiler problems which contains more than 300 problems filtered out.

3.Revision videos are available on YouTube in BB sir's channel wherein you can recall all what you have learnt. Besides for Chapter VIA and transfer pricing the entire lecture is available on YouTube.

4.You can also buy Selected case laws book that summarise case laws into Facts, Court observation and Final conclusion, again for which video is available on YouTube.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot both. I guess I'd go with BB Sir's. Thanks again.
durgesh sir capsule book is best

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details