Digital signature certificate for efiling

For an Audit case, I had applied for Digital Signature Cert (DSC) in August 2011 with a 1 year validity.

Now, for A.Y 2012-13, I again tried to use the same D.S.C. . So I had installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE 32 bit) on my system successfully. After I logged into the I.T. filing website, I clicked on "Update Digital Certificate" under "My Account", but after I clicked on this, the upload button i.e. "Upload .pfx file" DID NOT appear. Instead I got "Error"

The error pertains to Java Plug-in 10.5.1.255. Despite successfully installing JRE, am NOT ABLE to register D.S.C. i.e.

.pfx file.

Kindly assist

Regards,

Replies (3)

I am also finding the same error. Kindly assist.

 

Please Help me,

We want Digital signature, The problem is.....

We are working with USA based MNC company. Which come in India for the Contract work. Company have PAN card as per Indian Laws, but Directors doen't have PAN No. So how we can submitt the Income tax e-return for the last financial year 2011-12. 

There is any other way to get the Digital signature? How can we submitt the Income tax return?

Originally posted by : Arvindkumar G Shah

For an Audit case, I had applied for Digital Signature Cert (DSC) in August 2011 with a 1 year validity.

Now, for A.Y 2012-13, I again tried to use the same D.S.C. . So I had installed Java Runtime Environment (JRE 32 bit) on my system successfully. After I logged into the I.T. filing website, I clicked on "Update Digital Certificate" under "My Account", but after I clicked on this, the upload button i.e. "Upload .pfx file" DID NOT appear. Instead I got "Error"

The error pertains to Java Plug-in 10.5.1.255. Despite successfully installing JRE, am NOT ABLE to register D.S.C. i.e.

.pfx file.

Kindly assist

Regards,

1. You are not required to register the same DSC once again.

2. Check if you have got multiple versions of Java installed, if yes, remove one of them and try. If not, try uninstalling the Java version and reinstalling it.

 

Originally posted by : NARESH

 

Please Help me,

We want Digital signature, The problem is.....

We are working with USA based MNC company. Which come in India for the Contract work. Company have PAN card as per Indian Laws, but Directors doen't have PAN No. So how we can submitt the Income tax e-return for the last financial year 2011-12. 

There is any other way to get the Digital signature? How can we submitt the Income tax return?

 

Refer:

https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/faq_signature.do#DCQ13

How to register the DSC of foreign company?

Answer: Kindly check the jurisdiction of PAN by using the 'Know your Jurisdiction' functionality from 'Services' menu on the home page of ITD e-filing website. If the jurisdiction’s area code is other than ‘DLC’ (DLC area code is used for International Taxation Jurisdiction) then the assessee should contact his/her Assessing officer and request for change of jurisdiction from Domestic Jurisdiction to International Taxation Jurisdiction. After transfer of the jurisdiction, DSC can be registered.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details