Easy Office

Excise Registration Limit

Page no : 3

Shailesh Kakkad (Executive) (24 Points)
Replied 01 May 2009

Originally posted by :Guest
" I have one SSI unit and availing SSI Exemption for Rs. 150.00 Lacs and sales near about per annum is 40-50 lacs. i have one more unit and the item sales in this unit is exemt for the duty & the trunover of the unit is 450  Lacs per annum. please let us know we can avail SSI exemption in Unit-I or not... "

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax) (7806 Points)
Replied 01 May 2009

In calculing limit of 150 lakhs, turnover of 150 lakhs is not required to be added. However, for calculating the limit of 400 lakhs, turnover of goods exempted under other notification is to be included. If the exempted goods are not excisable, it is not required to be included as per law laid down in Munch Foods.

Thus you have to decide whether the goods in other units are non excisable or exempt under some other notification. If non excisable, SSI exemption available; if exempt under other notification, SSI exemption not available.

Arun Kumar Singh (GST Advocate) (15188 Points)
Replied 02 May 2009

Dear Tarun,

your turnover is not exceed 1.5 crore therefore no need to take registration.

Rajesh Kumar (Advocate- Tax) (7806 Points)
Replied 02 May 2009

Arun, as total turnover of both the units are more than 400 lakhs in previous year, SSI exemption is not available, unless the product in the unit having turnover 450 lakhs is not excisable. 

Look at the notification closely. 

sagar (accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 25 October 2010

Dear Sir,

we have already ragisterd under Mvat act.we manufacturing some material. now we want to make SSi ragistration . my question is, is it compusalry to first ragister under excise & then only SSI.what changes will be happend in accountig recoeds pls reply.thanks

R P Ananthakumar (Sr. Officer - Central Excise/Cash)   (514 Points)
Replied 28 October 2010

As per excise, SSI exemption is 4 crores . 

You have to taken Excise Registration, when your turnover is crossing 4.0 crores.

Patel Nakulesh (Asst.) (30 Points)
Replied 10 June 2011

i am just starting my bussiness manufacturing of Electronic goods , my question is

1. Can I apply for Exice Registration from the beginning, and in which form .

2.if i get my Registration then what the procedure to calculation of tax 

3.and what the challen of  Tax payment

Nikhil (Senior Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 04 February 2014

what is limit of Excise registration? If Export sale is more than one crore but loacal or central sale not more than 30lakhs, can   I have get the registration is it  mendetory.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro