Easy Office

SERVICE TAX ABATEMENT ON GTA

Page no : 2
(Guest)

Sir, I am dealer of import goods, we paid service tax at the time of clearance the import goods, can i adjust the said serivie tax from service tax payable on GTA 

(Guest)

I am doing my MBA Project on "INVESTORS PREFERENCE ON MUTUAL FUND IN BANGALORE CITY. Can anybody help me to get some data about it? please !!!!

(Guest)

Can we avail the Cenvat (Input Credit) after taking the abadement of 75% on GTA, if not how to go about it

(Guest)

We require our Service Tax Notification no. of our company.

(Guest)
how many % for gta

(Guest)

We have paid Rs. Apx 60000/- and 17000/- to Agarwal Packers with 2 invoices saperatly for transporting Car and House hold goods, pls clarify whether we have to pay Service Tax on the same ? If yes then How much?

(Guest)

We are a manufadtutring unit started on 10.01.2006. till now we have not registered under service tax . what will be the penalty? another question is when we got registered under GTA & paid Service tax, can we claim the cenvat credit of that amount?

vivek.j.ca (24 Points)
Replied 29 November 2008

Practicle issues on GTA:::

In practice the following types of CNs are issued by transporter

1. Service tax charged and collected from consignor/consignee and deposited by transporter

2.Service tax charged but not collected from consignor/consignee and the same is deducted by consignor/consignee and deposited.

3. Service tax not charged and the it is mentioned that the service tax to be paid by consignor/consignee

4.Service tax not charged and no mention of service tax payment liability. 

What is correct method of charging and depositing service tax in case of GTA if either consignor or consignee falls in the specified categories.

As per law it is the person paying the freight should pay the service tax. But in practice different views are followed as explained above.

(Guest)

1.We are the manufacturers of Pharmaceuticals which are excisable goods. We have consumed different input services like GTA, Consultant Engineer Service, Marketing services  for the last  3 years and paid service tax only in the month of June-08 for the services consumed  for the last 3 years. Are we eligible take credit the whole service tax paid?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: