Easy Office

Delay in Service Tax Payment

Page no : 2
(Guest)

What would be the penalty for delayed furnishing of Central Excise return and Service tax Return?

OFFICESELVA (Service) (515 Points)
Replied 10 July 2008

For delayed filing of ER1/ER3 returns SCN may or may not be issued.  It depends on the Range Officer.  For delayed ST3 returns Rs.2,000/- late fee should be paid.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :OFFICESELVA
" For delayed filing of Service Tax Statement / return on 31/3/2008, how much would be fined by the ST Dept.? "

Replied 15 July 2008

Late fee of Rs.2,000/- should be paid and copy of challan enclosed with ST3 return.

CA DEEPAK BANG (Manager - Accounts) (462 Points)
Replied 15 July 2008

if u pay the amount on time (i.e. before 05th), and ur bank is give u acknowledge on 07th than first u hav to pay interest or u can ask ur bant to give u a latter that there is any technical problesm so they cant transfer it on the date (i.e.ur submission date)

Replied 15 July 2008

If you manage to get a letter from bank that the amount has been deposited on or before 5th than there is no requirment to pay interest.

(Guest)

my co. is not a service provider & takes cr. of ST paid. I need to know the returns required to be filed and the respetive dute date for the same.

Replied 28 July 2008

SURPRISED.  How can one avail service tax credit, if your are not paying tax in the first place.  More info pl.

(Guest)

can co operatve housing society apply for pan. if yes What will be category ( no individual/trust/ etc) 

jaya pandey (accountant) (97 Points)
Replied 03 September 2008

hello

when receive commision after service tax so how can deduct service tax. service tax deduct  actual amount  ya after deduct tds amount plz tell me ansmy question its urgent.

my email id is jiya.sai @ gmail.com

(Guest)

derfefdsfdsdf

(Guest)

Sir

we are fail to pay the service tax before 5th of every month. shall we pay any intrest.

thanks

pooji

Replied 09 September 2008

Yes. Interest should be paid @ 13% p.a.

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Rams
"

Due Date of paying service tax is 5th of every month Actually service tax was pd on 5/2/08 , but in stax form some challan number was not mentioned due to which bank did not processed the payment of service tax on 5th & actually got debited on 7th. of this month. Bank has acknowledged dated 7/2/08 in the challan.Ofcourse i know there is default in payment. Will there be any interest amt payable?? If No what should be the next procedure Kindly revert at the earliest.Rgds Ramesh iyer

how to fill  the  service tax challans ,please send me the challan with filling the detaILS

"

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Guest
" when payment is recd on 31.03.2008 evening but credited in the bank, and there is no time to pay service tax on that day, whether we can pay the service tax along with the April Service Tax.

Whether any interest or penalty wil be applicable
"

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: