Easy Office
LCI Learning

GST on transport of goods

Page no : 2

CA Akhilesh Kumar Kandpal (Proprietor A K Kandpal & Associates)   (1442 Points)
Replied 01 July 2017

Dear Neha, your objection is completely different from the query which I answered.....as I have said if it falls under composite supply than you have to tax the entire amount as per law and it will no more remain supply of services as it will be a composite supply of goods......however in case of goods and frieght is shown separately and the supplier choose to apply different rates than if a particular service is exempted he than he don't have right to charge gst on that exempted supply, hence question of taking credit will not arise.
1 Like

PAWAN KUMAR (Accountant) (22 Points)
Replied 01 July 2017

Dear Sir,

Please suggest about e way biil. We are going to sale material from hosur to kerala,

Sir please reply back as soon as possible

prakash r sahane (proprietor) (71 Points)
Replied 01 July 2017

We are Wholesellers in cattle & poultry feed which are taxable at Nil rate under GST. We pay freight charges to transporters . If we pay GST @ 5% under RCM, can we get refund of the same, as we have no GST liability as cattle feeds are tax free ?

rocky (accountant) (948 Points)
Replied 02 July 2017

prakash sir, you will not get refund or input, but if you sell only tax free goods, you should not register in GST. and if you will not register, you are not liable to pay under RCM

Karthik Kumar N (Asst Manager Finance & Accounts)   (81 Points)
Replied 02 July 2017

Sir can someone reply..my doubt is even if unregistered transporter charges Rs100/-as freight charges on that do we have to pay tax under GST being we registered under GST... and what would be GST rate under RCM for GTA....pls clarify my doubts

R.K. Rai (BUSINESS) (66 Points)
Replied 02 July 2017

Yes, there is no ITC. ITC will available by transport by Rail & Vessel. ITC will not be available on GTA

R.K. Rai (BUSINESS) (66 Points)
Replied 02 July 2017

Yes, there is no ITC. ITC will available by transport by Rail & Vessel. ITC will not be available on GTA

Bikash Thakur (CA) (120 Points)
Replied 02 July 2017

Akhilesh Kandpal Sir, Commercial taxes department of Bihar generating the way bill. Want to know that commercial taxes also in exist where GST in force. I call to gst helpline they told not to issue the waybill, when call to bihar commercial taxes they told that waybill is require. What should we do, if there is mis communication between department also.

prakash r sahane (proprietor) (71 Points)
Replied 03 July 2017

Thanks Mr Rocky. But we are already registered under VAT when de-oiled cake used as cattle feed were taxable.Now all cattle feeds including de-oiled cake are tax free. 

Ronak Jain (Industrial Trainee) (29 Points)
Replied 03 July 2017

Hello sir, we are doing business as an authorised transporter with a public limited company. We do not own any vehicles. We hire trucks from the market, and supply the goods through them, We charge freight from company, pay the vehicle owner and keep the difference between freights as our profit. Our turnover is more than 75 lakhs per annum. What is the applicability of GST act on our business ??? Please let me know as soon as possible. Thanks.

rishi (student) (30 Points)
Replied 15 July 2017

which type of tax we paid on rcm against GTA ,CGST?,SGST?,IGST?

PLEASE SUGGEST.

Replied 15 July 2017

if transporter is from another state

then igst
if transporter is local
tgen cgat and sgst

Replied 15 July 2017

rounak...if you issue consignment note (bilty) , then you are covered under defination of GTA .
you have to pay 5,% on reverse charge basis on the bill you received from transporter, if the freight value is more than 750 rs
and the company will pay GST on rcm basis to government

PRAKASH MENON (ACCOUNTS MANAGER) (22 Points)
Replied 16 August 2017

Sir,

I have paid GST for GTA for the month of July paid on Aug @ 5% for all our inward/outward freight amount under RCM Method

This 5% GST is allowable for ITC.?  if is  ok  when I will adjust this tax   

Prakash Menon

himanshu (marketing) (22 Points)
Replied 27 December 2017

are GST will be applied on the JEE Main 2018 fees. I read in the newspaper that, fees is going to be high this year. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: