EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE
EASYOFFICE

Gst rate for renting of immovable property(commercial shop)

Page no : 3

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.) (174190 Points)
Replied 20 July 2017

@ Amit Amin:

1. Yes

2. No....... just receipt....... but you have to enter the transaction i.e. self invoicing..

Replied 20 July 2017

@ Murali....

GST rate on rental services of commercial space is 18%.

If land lord is registered........ he will charge GST over and above rent......... and pay it to government........ otherwise, receipant (if registered) has to pay under RCM

Now for regular dealer return filing is monthly....... and for composition dealer its quarterly.

Replied 20 July 2017

@ Pawan: You are correct.....

Replied 20 July 2017

@ Rupinder Kaur:: Yes, if you are registered under GST........ & of course, ITC is available

Replied 20 July 2017

@ Himanshu Dembla:

I think it is exempted service under........

Se. no 4(iv) ::renting or leasing of agro machinery or vacant land with or without a structure incidental to its use;

pawan (accountant) (62 Points)
Replied 22 July 2017

Sir, we have two different agreements with our tentant. One for rental and another for facilities. HSN code for rental is 997212. so what will be HSN code for facilities bill? 

Replied 22 July 2017

997323 Leasing or rental services concerning furniture and other household appliances
997329 Leasing or rental services concerning other goods

Replied 22 July 2017

997325 Leasing or rental services concerning household linen.

Replied 22 July 2017

997321 Leasing or rental services concerning televisions, radios, video cassette recorders, projectors, audio systems and related equipment and accessories (Home entertainment equipment )
997322 Leasing or rental services concerning video tapes and disks (Home entertainment equipment )
997323 Leasing or rental services concerning furniture and other household appliances
997324 Leasing or rental services concerning pleasure and leisure equipment.
997325 Leasing or rental services concerning household linen.
997326 Leasing or rental services concerning textiles, clothing and footwear.
997327 Leasing or rental services concerning do-it-yourself machinery and equipment

Riz.CAclub (TAX Consultant) (32 Points)
Replied 23 July 2017

Sir, I have commercial property. Which is given to bank with rent of Rs. 1,10,000 per month. I had Service Tax No. Now I migrate from Service Tax to GST. Now my turnover of rent is less than Rs. 20 lacs. I haven't any turnover except rent of immovable property. Now we need to pay GST @ 18% on Rent for the Month of July which will be receive on The Month of August. Bank give us Service Tax amount earlier. Now bank say that no need to pay GST. Bank deducted TDS @ 10% on Rent. Now please clarify me for GST applicable or not. I am from MUNDRA KUTCH

Replied 23 July 2017

GST not applicable to you because of turnover limit; you may get cancelled your registration, as soon as it is open for same.

Though the GST is applicable over bank under RCM, which bank find it convenient..... for getting ITC over the same.

10% TDS deducted........ can be claimed back (after deduction of tax liability) by filling IT return........

Good luck......

Murali (software engineer) (79 Points)
Replied 25 July 2017

Sir - Can you help me with good software to invoice, pay GST online, file returns? As I mentioned I only have one commercial property on rent for which I need to manage all this. Every software seems too complcated focussing ITC, debt notes etc. I am also ok someone can take care of this for nominal charges.

Regards,

Murali 

Tapas Chakraborty (2 Points)
Replied 25 July 2017

Dear Sir,

We letout our commercial building to 6 privet sectors & one Govt. Sector. Monthly rental income from that property is 2.5 lakh. We are five co-woners.So, 50,000/- each.  Now please tell us is GST apply for this transaction or exemption under the category of below 20 lakh per year?

Langesh Siva (Accounts Manager) (164 Points)
Replied 03 August 2017

What is the GST rate for rent of movable property(Equipment) 

Richard (Articled assitant) (24 Points)
Replied 14 August 2017

Dear sir

What is the GST Rate and SAC for Renting of shops @ university campus

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: