5 reasons why i feel , the law paper was unfair

Maithili (1) (476 Points)

09 May 2017  

Hi friends, i am feeling really shattered after todays Law paper

(Plz read Full if you have also given the Law Paper for May,2017)

I really feel that the examination department must ask themselves , whether they would have been able to write this paper for full100mrks under exam conditions 

The 5 main reasons why i feel todays Law paper was the toughest ever is :

1) Just 18mrks out of Total 120mrks were from PM (i.e. just 15%)

So even if a student had Covered 100% Practice Manual Thoroughly would get straightforward questions worth just 15mrks on an average 

And u can ask any CA Final student how much hours and Days of efforts it takes to complete the Practice Manual of one subject(Imagine studying 8 such books) After all the the hardwork and toil , all u get is just 15mrks on an average 

Q.1b - 4 (Ch.3) Q.4b - 4 (Ch.13, Ch.3)  (So much to write for just 2mrks each) Q.6a - 8 (Ch.3 & Ch.5) Q.7a ii) - 2mrks (Ch.9) 

2)Paper was extremely lengthy. I think only 2% of the entire students who attempted the paper could have written above 88marks - I repeat , just 2% 

3)Q.s had a large volume of data(i guess they did it intentionally) whcih would take more time to comprehend 

(Q.6b for instance)

Thereby students would not be able to complete the Paper

4) Lots of Sub-Q.s of (Same Q). were from "different Chapters" to make it more time consuming and break the rhythm of students while writing the paper

5) Weightage of Marks per question was very Low

(Just  imagine getting a maximum of 3/4 after writing all that stuff for Q.4b)

I feel there is a Need for 'FULL /Out of ' marking system" in case of Correct Answers for Today's Law Paper

Its Very disappointing that there is more things in store, i.e paper correction. I strongly feel that the institute must adopt "Out of" marking system for this paper,  

just like a practical paper where "Full marks are given in case of right  answers (with proper quoting of sections and appropriate reasoning & conclusions)

Just imagine losing 1 mark per Q. (that they usually deduct on an adhoc basis under the garb that Law is a Theory Paper) It means that ,if u have attempted 20 questions of  80marks (Your Score is not going to be more than 60)

And i think an overwhelming majority of students could have attempted the paper for maximum 80-84 marks on an average

I am Feeling really low , that (after  so many attempts and scoring 54+ thrice in Law ) i feel that the exemption in Law Paper, still remains an elusive one for me (So near yet so far)

They just don't give full marks in a Question in Law which i feel is incorrect.

Only a student who has studied the subject thoroughly would be able to attempt today's paper well

So his/her efforts must be appreciated by rewarding full marks wherever there is  proper quoting of sections with  appropriate reasoning & conclusions.

I am not saying that there must be leniency in correction , but appropriate  marks must be given in case of qualitative answers(However, this has not been the case as per my past experiences)

I feel sad for my parents as well ,for all the troubles & stress they have they have to undergo because of me

Even I have got a health complication as a byproduct of stress relating to studies.

I don’t know whether its my Hard Luck or fate.

Just hoping and praying that the Almighty might get us some justice.

All the Best