Easy Office
LCI Learning

Pan card of owner is required for rs.1,00,000 p.a or 8,333pm

Page no : 2

Balaji L (11 Points)
Replied 14 July 2016

Is PAN card of the Owner required now, because i am going to show a rent of  Rs. 8,300 for first 3 months and 3 months gap in employement, so no rent or HRA in here and another 12,500 for next 6 months a total of rs.99,900 for 9 months in this FY.

What proofs I should have for this. Please advise. 

Thanks in Advance

Originally posted by : AMIT KR GHOSH
Yes, You can Adjust in Your Tax Return.
Your Tax Return is the Final Statement, Mention the Final Amount Total Paid in Year
NO Matter what is in Form 16 & the Rent Paid is not mentioned in 26AS

CA Srujann kumar Reddy (Asst Manager(Internal audit))   (1679 Points)
Replied 14 July 2016

as total less than 1 lac no pan is required, just have one month rental receipt given by landlord, if it is not available write a whom so ever it may concern that an amount of 8300/- received by your landlord, later if it authority asks this can be a backup

Balaji L (11 Points)
Replied 14 July 2016

Thanks for your reply. It helped a lot.

Originally posted by : Srujann kumar Reddy
as total less than 1 lac no pan is required, just have one month rental receipt given by landlord, if it is not available write a whom so ever it may concern that an amount of 8300/- received by your landlord, later if it authority asks this can be a backup

CA Kamal Chawla (MT) (58 Points)
Replied 15 July 2016

It is advisable to intimate company about total rent paid to previous employer...on this way, company will consider higher eligible amount (more than 8,333) with cap of total 1,00,000...
Secondly if current employer has already deducted TDS considering 8,333 only then you can show claim higher HRA deduction irrespective of employer representations...
Moreover you will be able to get refund of extra tax deducted by your current employer..

Balaji L (11 Points)
Replied 15 July 2016

Thanks for your reply.

I have already specified that to current employer but they hv considered only 8333p.m. 

So, even if Form 16 has a lesser value for HRA deducted, I can increase that one to suit the rent paid to 1,00,000? 

Thanks in Advance.

Originally posted by : CA Kamal Chawla
It is advisable to intimate company about total rent paid to previous employer...on this way, company will consider higher eligible amount (more than 8,333) with cap of total 1,00,000.....Secondly if current employer has already deducted TDS considering 8,333 only then you can show claim higher HRA deduction irrespective of employer representations...Moreover you will be able to get refund of extra tax deducted by your current employer..

CA Kamal Chawla (MT) (58 Points)
Replied 15 July 2016

Yes..u can..as i have already mentioned..
Please ensure that You have receipts of rent payments/bank debits for same in favour of landlord

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: