Service tax issues..input service tax credit

RAHUL R. JAIN (CmA Practice ) (52 Points)

12 January 2015  

A Company is an authored dealer of MARUTI SUZUKIN INDIA LIMITED and engaged in trading of cars and also providing various services like financing loans and taking insurance and also of servicing of motor vehicles..Company also engaged in the business of selling and purchasing old cars…I have two specific queries in this regard which are as follows..

1. In the purchase invoice received from MARUTI SUZUKI INDIA LIMITED (MSIL)it charges transportation charges which are inclusive of service tax. Now the question is that whether the company ( the DEALER COMPANY ) is eligible to claim the input service tax credit of the service tax so charge by MARUTI  SUZUKI INDIA LIMITED  in the purchase invoice sent to the dealer..?The company is also providing various other services as stated earlier and also having  the service tax registration number..MSIL is also charging service charge in the purchase invoice issued to the dealer and again service tax is charged there on  by the MSIL now again my question is same whether the dealer company is eligible to claim the input service tax credit  of such service tax which is charged by MSIL on service charge.

2.My other question :_

company is also engaged In selling and purchasing the old cars..without having  such vehicles registered in its name..now question is whether dealer company is required to collect  VAT (company is situated in gujarat so Gujarat vat is applicable)..?? whether it should be considered as service and the company is required to collect service tax..?

please guide me on the above questions….

Thanks in advance to all