Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is penalty for delayed audit?

P Kahyap (Others) (50 Points)

10 January 2015  

My CA is yet to audit my income of financial year 2013-2014 due to some lack of invoices that he asked all of sudden just couple of days back of 31st november which was I think last day of Audit (as per my accountant words)

Now today I was able to produce that invoices and papers in front of him, I would like to ask now what penalty I will have to bear for this delayed audit? Is there any workaround to make it not applicable? my total turnover is 2 CR+ so audit is must thats for sure. But you guys know more than me , any help will be appreciated.

2 Replies

CA Harsh Kothari (Consultant) (302 Points)
Replied 11 January 2015

Dear P Kashyap, To know when the auditor asked for invoices, you should go through the Email trail between your auditor and accountant. Further, the due date for filing of tax audit report for FY 2013-14 was 30th November. There is no provision in the Act per se dealing with penalty on delay in filing of tax audit report. But as per section 271B of the Act, failure to get accounts audited and furnish a report as required under section 44AB of the Act may attract penalty as under- a) 0.5% of the total sales, turnover or gross receipts of the business or profession ; or b) 150,000, whichever is less. However, this penalty may be waived under section 273B if the assessee proves that there was reasonable cause for the said failure. Request other experienced experts to share their knowledge.

P Kahyap (Others) (50 Points)
Replied 14 January 2015

Harsh thanks a lot for your valuable suggestion, I would request experts to please guide me some reasonable cause to avoid this penalty.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags