Easy Office
LCI Learning

Worried about Career of Lacs of CA Students

Page no : 9

Vidya Totad (student) (52 Points)
Replied 29 January 2014

Please consider the issue we all waiting for our future

Krishna (Article Assistant) (294 Points)
Replied 29 January 2014

what lot of people fail to see is most of the people who failed this time are people who are not writting for the first time. and according to them who recklessly say previous attepts results were higher , why on earth they did not clear it then. if you take a survey of people who are running their mouth about tough resuts iam sure most of them would have wrote an atempt in this so called "high result " period. iam no big fan of ICAI nor i judge inteligence by clearing. but whining really doesnt help. u ahve a  problem with results? then read harder. or gather 100 like minded people who seem to get great pleassure b*tching about results and then you will know hw many people have the guts for a cause and how many are just playing a second fiddle in the known fact that ICAI is not very transparent. I know a CA faculty who realy means business and did send an open letter to ICAI president. i dont you people blooy flood his inbox and make a case. All prestigeous intstitution have cut offs based on demand.  IIM litrelly decides the cut off based on seat and market situaton. one time its 99.8 in year 1 and the other time its 99.2 and year 2. does it mean a guy who scores a point less than the cut off is less inteligent?? YES. in the given parametres of exams he is. is it unfair that a guy who scored 99.7 in year one didnt get a seat but a guy who scored 99.2 got a seat in year two? NO it is not. thats the rule of the game and thats how life is. it is not fair all the time. you have a choice to cry and fall or fight and rise! and you know what none of the CAT apirants ever cry about the cut offs. cos they know the rules , they play by it and they WIN. fold your sleeves rise your collars and slog hard. success will find you in 6 months. good luck

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 29 January 2014

In my opinion, the earlier form of PE-1 which was a written examination was a better way to judge candidates. Students would be aware at the earliest stage and could choose to opt for other course by second year of B.Com.

The problem with CPT is - its very easy to crack the exam. Once the first level is cleared, students evaluate themselve much better than they actually should. Many fail in IPCC and keep repeating the attempts. 2-3 attempts in IPCC and then alternate course becomes a difficult choice.

The way coaching institutes have come up in last 4-5 years, it has literally become a big business. During our days and prior to that, CA used to be a pure correspondance course with hardly any Coaching Facility available. Today you get coaching centers at every nook and corner of city. The quality of education delivered has come down. The easier CPT entrance has reduced the quality of candidates as well.

ICAI should get back to PE-1 mode of examination to ensure that those candidates who might not clear IPCC/FInal and filter out at the earliest and students have an option to move to other courses.

1 Like

CA Suraj Lakhotia (IndigoLearn) (4898 Points)
Replied 29 January 2014

Some more measures that could help -

1. Maximum number of attempts in CPT should be kept to 3. If a student cannot complete in 3 attempts, this course is not meant for him.

2. Maximum number of attempts in IPCC should be kept at 5. That should be the maximum. No point in revalidating registrations and minting money on registrations, exam fees, reverification, certifed copies and so-on.

1 Like

Kumar (Student) (211 Points)
Replied 06 February 2014

CPT results - 37%, because its damn easy..as simple as that

CA Final- 3% (what is something to worry in that?)...

I've read many posts here on CCI where people compaing  CA,  MBA, Engineer and blah blah with their nonsensical approach and thoughts that CA is the toughest exam in world

Sir, 6 lakh( and increasing) student appear for IIT every year and there are only 15,000 seats in India along with so much reservation for SC, ST, OBC...I haven't heard about those % from anyone..its just 2.5% if you calculate..Does this stops people from trying for IIT...Answer is simple- NO

Now lets talk IIM, 2 lakh appearances, 2000 seats---no need to calculate, its just 1%...will it stop people from taking CAT?  

Difference between CA and these courses is that, they don't make a fuss about passing %...If a person is capable, irrespective of anything

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: