Easy Office

Su-vichar

Page no : 2

CA SURENDRA KUMAR RAKHECHA (Practising CA at Surat) (26258 Points)
Replied 04 July 2013

I give you one real example.

I helped one of my CA colleague (not friend) to get ARTICLESHIP for his son with a good firm (now author of Indirect Tax Law and Practice,2013 published by Bharat).

After that incident; during AGM of cpe study circle when I was Convener; the same colleague raised one query because a voucher of Rs.2750/- was not available and the auditor qualified the report. ( See the quality of the audit, auditor and his common sense). Although the auditor discussed with me and I explained but he told to report the matter. I immediately agreed for it ( I wanted to give him a good lesson for such a small issue).

Now the house asked me for the explanations. I accepted my mistake instantly that voucher is not available. The house surprised to know that a qualified CA doesn't know that a voucher is necessary.

Later one; I explained how the cost of 5 momentos was included in the transaction which has been reported. One momento was given to a member sitting beside me on the dias, one was given to a member sitting in front of me and rest 3 were given to faculties who came from outside Surat. Now ask the member sitting on the dias whether the cost of momento presented to him had the value of Rs.550 or not.  If he disagrees; the other sitting infront of me; will agree for it. He house laughed and the matter was over.

After the accounts were approved and formal meeting was over; I was given a chance to explain something more if I would to say.

Raising other issues about the working of CPE Study circle; I concluded. But some well wishers of mine told to explain further about the "interesting point." I told members that the event was organized on Sunday morning and due to my sources; I arranged to collect HOT IRONS ( now I fear due to this; the matter went HOT).  Later on; I could not collect the voucher. I could arrange a "voucher" easily of later date; but my conscious didn't allow me to do so.

Now all the members looked at me with great respect despite I couldn't produce the voucher.

Here I wish to say; if I tried to escape myself from the situation without accepting my mistake; everyone could suspect on my working. But being honest; I easily overcome it.

Needless to say; the auditor's face turned white when the way I explained the issue before the house.

The readers might have forgotten the point why this issue has been brought to the notice.

To remind; I did help of one and he raised query against  me although the matter was on the record with all the members because a copy of the audit report was distributed to all.

PLASE GIVE A SUITABLE HEADING FOR THE ABOVE MATTER cheeky

In my opinion; it should be "THE VOUCHER."

(Guest)

With due respect to the Disclaimer, and of course to highly talented people, I could like to say something.

Help is a word and has the meaning which you give it,

Just think it once again,

Is not people helping us by allowing to help them ??

what if they don't allow us, to help, then it is ultimately they are not helping us,

Life is not about being in status, life is not about self-respect, life is not about ego.

A person, helping you forcefully, will never take credit for his deeds, as he has already got what he needed, it may be your perception or fear that is making you think like that.

Respected Ms. Bhaavna, only thing which separates human from animal is our understanding of the necessity of the person, very less people or negligible amount of people will force you to accept the help,

It is our own eyes which makes the world beautiful, see positivity of all the situation,

In just one question you gave two negative thoughts,

First you said help to be forced – See the brighter side of it, you got people with you who care to help you even when you are not willing to accept, not always all things work according to fundamental rights,

You said, when they claim their credit – When they take credit you have to give them, because, I said they are helping us by helping them , but it is from the point view of the person doing the help and not from the point view of the person who receives the help,

In life remember one thing, No one is above us, neither anyone is below us, we all are parallels,

You can enjoy the shade only when it shines, you can shine only when you are in shade.

And still if you didn't understand what I said above, in plain words, listen

First that person helped you forcefully,

Second time when he claimed his credit to society, he helped you once again, because as receiver of help you were indebted to him, by claiming his credit he released you from that debt.

So he helped you twice, this is chain can never end, as giver we are happy that he or she allowed us to help, as receiver we are always happy that our debt towards that help is released.

Disclaimer : This is my original views, not enforced, just put forth.

3 Like

Bhaavna (Queen ) (1933 Points)
Replied 04 July 2013

Here help i mean is not necessity. May be I am not a good communicator.

Can i name it as " Materiality concept of mistake "

Thank you sir.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Bhaavna

Here help i mean is not necessity. May be I am not a good communicator.

Can i name it as " Materiality concept of mistake "

Thank you sir.

Respected Ms. Bhaavna Ji, necessity is never present in human nature, necessity is very vogue and subjective, not all help are done for necessity, anything done for necessity is called duty, and you can't club necessity with duty,

Mother feeding a baby is duty, child respecting mother is duty

UttraKhand, incident was tragedy, necessity was to evacuate the people from there to safer place, it was duty of Govt but it was a big help for those who were caught in the incident, and general people who helped others with their body or money is called help, as it was not necessity for them as Govt was doing its duty (Please don't raise your eyebrows, Govt did or didn't that is different thing),

Main element is if you think they helped, then you are good human, if you think it was their duty, still you remain good human, but when you say that it was done unnecessarily and kept quite till the time they raised their voice, demanding their share of credit in helping you, then you can't demand that it was done unnecessarily. As you said Materiality concept of Mistake change it to with-in reasonable time limit, your protest should be then and there,

Hope I have not crossed my limit in saying about this, Views are my own, not enforced, but put forth.

As friendly note, if you are not good at communications, then please develop it, you can't fight your case on conditions that you were unable to communicate, as

Ignorance of law is no excuse, same way neither is it for communications.

1 Like

Bhaavna (Queen ) (1933 Points)
Replied 04 July 2013

""""PLASE GIVE A SUITABLE HEADING FOR THE ABOVE MATTER . . . . . In my opinion; it should be "THE VOUCHER."  """" 

I would name as MATERIALITY CONCEPT OF MISTAKEsmiley

Agree with you Mr. EKLAVYA sir

(Guest)

To Love is To Respect.

One should not expect love by force......

One should not turn violent and behave like crazy just because you have helped them once upon a time.

Most important

One should not tresspass others mind.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Bhaavna

""""PLASE GIVE A SUITABLE HEADING FOR THE ABOVE MATTER . . . . . In my opinion; it should be "THE VOUCHER."  """" 

I would name as MATERIALITY CONCEPT OF MISTAKE

Agree with you Mr. EKLAVYA sir

Respected Ms. Bhaavna Ji, again you made "Materiality concept of mistake ", am much below you in all the aspects of life, your profound knowledge got reflected in your question itself, you made it very clear that, A person can't help a person who doesn't need help, or denies to have help, rightly said god doesn't help those who don't help themselves, when even god can't help means then what can a human with limit senses and knowledge can help,

So I request you not to add Sir as a suffix in my name, Eklavya is my pen name or pseudo name, the very nature of the Eklavya was humbleness, I can't be Eklavya but trying hard, your addition of sir may some time get me into wrong idea of being a respectful person, which I myself deny.

I learned a new thing today, which I will follow till the very end,

“Our real status is visible when we try to help other, and when other reject it”

so to sum it up, helping is not good deed but acceptance of help alone will lead to the satisfaction of being able to help, anyway words are words.

These are my original view, not enforced, but, put forth.

Eklavya.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : P!LL @ !

To Love is To Respect.

One should not expect love by force......

One should not turn violent and behave like crazy just because you have helped them once upon a time.

Most important

One should not tresspass others mind.

I can't make head or tail of your comment, it is about help, why you mix it with love and other things, please stay put on topic.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: