Easy Office
LCI Learning

CA Membership Strength

Page no : 4

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26986 Points)
Replied 04 February 2013

Originally posted by : HIMANSHU

sir i respect ur views but why dont  u all member complain abt cpt results ,,,,,sir if u look at cfa exams or international exams startng exams are tough and then it goes on increasng the % passng 

but our institute wann more registration followed by huge amount of registration fees and exam fees\

pls dont play with lives of students,,,,,,,,

Yeah, Thats right, Agreed.

1 Like

(Guest)
First of all I apologise for giving an incomplete second reply as there was a technical problem in my mobile while typing the reply what I meant was during this period i.e 2000 to 2002 when new standards were issued the members rose up to the occassion and complied with the reporting requirements. So we can update with any drastic changes in future. Therefore I think there will not be loss of professional opportunities for CAs
1 Like

Ajinkya Gijare (CA ) (255 Points)
Replied 04 February 2013

Whosoever has started dis discussion feels that manupulating words afterwards will get him away from whatever wrong he said earlier...

Funny Expert....smiley

1 Like

(Guest)

Well I neither said that undeserving students pass CA exams nor I commented anything about the knowledge of recently qualified CAs (It means demeaning their efforts to attain this professional qualification, I never do that). I only expressed my views regarding the placements in job market, wherein even students who did Dummy articleship are placed whereas who has decent exposure and other skills required for job are underemployed. I never understood that results should be on random basis as said by Mr Ayush. But, I am also against fixing this number in line with the demand (2000 as mentioned by Mr Ayush in his example). You cant fix the number region-wise, which implies that you are restricting the profession. I believe that there can't be such quota system. Results should be based only on the performance of the student.

If at all you wish there should be a decrease in pass percentage, then ICAI can do it only by increasing the examination standards, which is very fair and acceptable. I agree with Mr Himanshu, many students pass CPT stage. When CPT scheme was introduced students had a choice to leave any subject of his choice and still clear the Level 1 of this professional course, which was not the case in erstwhile Foundation/PE1 scheme. Recently ICAi has prescribed a minimum 30% percantage in each section. In this way you can control the results, by increasing the quality of questions or making upward revision of passing criteria. ICAI has all right to do that. Results shoule not be controled by taking survey of demand regionwise and supplying the requirement (I think then examinations will be conducted only once a year or once in 2 years after conducting a detailed regional survey). In any case, a candidate who scores marks that fulfills the passing criteria or writes an answer that deserves good marks, as the case may be should be rewarded and declared pass.

I am also leaving it here. This platform is for discussion and not for debate or arguements. Different opinions come from the members here, but I always believe that the future of CAs will be good irrespective of the result percentage. 

Regards

K Sathish

Replied 05 February 2013

Dear Satish,

What Happens in Competitive Exams Like UPSC and Other Civil Examination or You Can Say IIT Entrance.

They Clear Students Top 1000, Top 5000, or Whatever Be.

There is No Percentage Fixed in Those Examination to Pass.

Only You Have to be Superior as Compare to Others.

Thats is the Point What I Wanna to say.

Earlier ICAI Was Doing That Only.

1 Like

(Guest)

Dear Mr Ayush

Please clarify what do you mean by "Earlier ICAI was doing that only". Do you mean that recently qualified CAs are not superior in terms of knowledge. Please respect their efforts to pass the examinations. Again fixing the number is indirect way of fixing the percentage in relation to number of candidates appearing in the examination, which is very restricitve. It is not that I don't understand your views, I very well understood it. But the point is we cant compare IITs, IIM entrance with CA. In IITs and IIMs there is a formal education imparted to the students which is not in case of CA as it is a distance learnign programme with practical training as base. Though, we might have more class room facilities now, it does not have the constant touch and revision enjoyed by students of IITs and IIMs by regular classes. Even with classes CA is more of a self-study course. Also please understand, there restriction is placed only at entrance level. Normally students start their preparation for IIT entrance right from Class 12 and if they could not able to clear it they always choose a next best institution for a different branch of study. Do we have that option in CA Final after so many years of hardwork/efforts. So both are uncomparable. I think the results should be "True and Fair" rather than "Restrictive" (Whether in terms of numbers or percentage). I once again say that ICAI has all rights to arrive at your "Desired Decreased Pass Percentage" by settting tough questions or increasing the passing criteria (as done in case of CPT by prescribing individual passing criteria which was not there before) that is fair. I stand by this view.

Regards

K Sathish

Ajinkya Gijare (CA ) (255 Points)
Replied 06 February 2013

I have't seen anyone saying so confidently,what ICAI used to do earlier & what they do today....

I Don't Understand why this people are having problem when students working really hard,spending there valueable time clear CA exams.

This is really not fare with the students who have cleared there exams in last 1 year....

Apart from your personal interest please think about others also.

When next time result comes out ...please congratulate students who cleared there exams rather than making them feel that ...they don't deserve what they achived....

Ok Expert....

3 Like

Replied 08 February 2013

I am Staying on The Same words What I Earlier Said..... @ Ajinkya - I am Not at all Changing My Words..

Those Who Have Problems and Doesnt Agree With My Words, They Can Write Here (I Mean Should Write Here), Because every One Have Right to Share Their Own Thoughts, But Whenever You Done With Your CA After That You May Realised, Not Now.

ICAI Must Take Some Measures to Control Results, or May Declare it as Competitive Exam result Type and Should Pass Top Students Whatever I Wrote .

(Guest)

Okay Mr Ayush, you stand by your view and I stand by my view. Freedom of thoughts and expression is not restricted here. You shared your views and I shared a contrary view. Let us leave it here. Rather, I would say, I opt to leave it here. Again, I strongly believe this is a platform for discussion and not arguement. I don't want to make any arguements with anyone here. So I move on towards my work/studies.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: