Easy Office
LCI Learning

Pls solve this fast :|

Page no : 2

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

who said pc is 12 lakhs,,,,,,

pc is 17 lakhs(12 for eq share holder + 5 for pref share holder)

i dont knw why u people are taking so much cofusion...this question is one of the easiest question in internal reconstr. .....do work hard to crack CA..........

Best wishes.....

CA Manish (Job) (5264 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

pc is 17 lakhs(12 for eq share holder + 5 for pref share holder).

Absolutly correct.

Sourabh (Student) (360 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

Originally posted by : manish agarwal

Originally posted by : Sourabh

Net Assets method will apply.PC will be 23 lakhs.5 lakhs will be given to pref. shareholders in the form of debentures,n equity shareholders  will be  issued 15000 equity shares at 20 premium

unless mentioned otherwise we cant use net assest method for calculating PC

btw thanks for reply 

Net Assets method is applied wen the payment method cant be applied i.e. wen the mode of payment is not clear.its nothing to do with mention in question.

in your question,its not given how equity shares will be given to equity shareholders,it doesnt even say equivalent no. of shares will be issued.hence Net Asset method will apply

I have done a similar or even same question n I had same confusion before my tutor corrected me.thats why I remember

manish agarwal (IPCC,PMIR,Bcom[h]) (88 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

Originally posted by : CA. JAIN

who said pc is 12 lakhs,,,,,,

pc is 17 lakhs(12 for eq share holder + 5 for pref share holder)

i dont knw why u people are taking so much cofusion...this question is one of the easiest question in internal reconstr. .....do work hard to crack CA..........

Best wishes.....

it is from amalgamation .... 

i have solved 50+ question from this chapter only got stucked here :'( 

Replied 05 October 2012

Thanks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Manish Agarwal....Best wishes..yeah by mistake i mentioned internal reconstruction...yes it is of amalgamation.......but still it is one of the easiest question.....

and advise to those peole..who will appear in dec..2012..plz dont waste time in any mode of gadgets...whether for question or else.........

Replied 05 October 2012

Originally posted by : manish agarwal

Net Assets method will apply.PC will be 23 lakhs.5 lakhs will be given to pref. shareholders in the form of debentures,n equity shareholders  will be  issued 15000 equity shares at 20 premium

unless mentioned otherwise we cant use net assest method for calculating PC

btw thanks for reply 

Net Assets method is applied wen the payment method cant be applied i.e. wen the mode of payment is not clear.its nothing to do with mention in question.

in your question,its not given how equity shares will be given to equity shareholders,it doesnt even say equivalent no. of shares will be issued.hence Net Asset method will apply

I have done a similar or even same question n I had same confusion before my tutor corrected me.thats why I remember

payment  TO              payment   IN                working                                       AMT

ESH                               ES                               80/120(15000)120                    1200000
PSH                               debentures                500000                                         500000

total 1700000

thanks every 1 

Sourabh (Student) (360 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

payment to equity shareholders is wrong,question doesnt say equivalent no. of shares to be issued

Replied 05 October 2012

WOW o.O 

Replied 05 October 2012

Sourabh..we are not issuing eq. no. of share...we are issuing 10000 shares to the holder of 15000 shares....check it....

CA Lokesh Pokharna (CA (Ahmedabad Bhilwara Chittorgarh))   (4128 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

As per the revised AS-14, the amount of purchase consideration includes only those payments
which are made by the transferee company to the shareholders (Equity and preference) of the 
transferor company.

hence pc will be 12+5= 17 lac
& no. of shares to be issued is 10000
1 Like

Replied 05 October 2012

Originally posted by : CA Lokesh Pokharna

As per the revised AS-14, the amount of purchase consideration includes only those payments

which are made by the transferee company to the shareholders (Equity and preference) of the 

transferor company.

hence pc will be 12+5= 17 lac

& no. of shares to be issued is 10000

thank u sir u cleared my doubt :) this is the answer i was waiting for :) 

MD. RAFI (Manager Accounts (future CA))   (670 Points)
Replied 05 October 2012

pl find attached the solution.

Attached File : 407835 1066647 journal entries in the books of y co.pdf downloaded: 138 times
1 Like

ramcharan (articled assistent) (367 Points)
Replied 08 October 2012

Definition of Consideration as per AS 14 Consideration

for the amalgamation means the aggregate of the shares and other securities issued and the payment made in the form of cash or other assets by the transferee company to the shareholders of the transferor company.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: