Easy Office
LCI Learning

Appointment of company secretary

Page no : 2

Charu Srivastava (Company Secretary) (4210 Points)
Replied 31 July 2012

So true...

Such discussions broaden our base and also boast confidence..

Keep Sharing and Keep gaining...

1 Like

Ankit Patniya (Assistant Company Secretary)   (124 Points)
Replied 17 December 2012

Hello Friends,

As I came accross this discussion I would like to draw attention on SCRA which may compel listed compaines to appoint CS as compliance officer, irrespective of its capital, I am reproducing some provision which may help all of us in this and in future.

SCR Act:

“Conditions for listing
21. Where securities are listed on the application of any person in any recognized stock exchange, such person shall comply with the conditions of the listing agreement with that stock exchange.”

SCR Act, 1956
23E - “Penalty for failure to comply with provision of listing conditions or delisting conditions or grounds: If a company or any person managing collective investment scheme or mutual fund, fails to
comply with the listing conditions or delisting conditions or grounds or commits a breach thereof, it or he shall be liable to a penalty not exceeding twenty-five crore rupees.

Other views are invited.

Thanks  Regard,

Ankit Patniya

Tanveer Md Masood (Indispensable) (361 Points)
Replied 18 December 2012

Dear experts, as per section 383  aof the companies Act 1956, everycompanyhavng a piadup share capital of 5crore or more are required to obtain a whole time company secretary who would acts as the compaliance officer of the company. in case of a company having a share capital more than 10 lakh but less than 5 crore, are required to obtain a compalinace certificate from a PCS .

Regards

tanveer md masood

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: