Easy Office

Average pay for a CA?

Page no : 2

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 10 March 2012

hi harsh,

its very easy to comment on those who r working @ 15k . but its d reality my one friend after ca and cs and good communication skil started @ 20k in delhi after 6 months of result. only 10-15% got packge more than 5 lakhs in prsent situation. again i have doubt 6th attempt passed out ca in 2011 can placed @ 9.6 lakhs..friend in linkdin total no. of vacancy is only around 20-25(for fresher ca)...is not enough for 15k CAs..

i wish for u that u will place @ 9.6lakhs or more.

Thanks,

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)
Replied 10 March 2012

Let him live in his own ideal world.

I too have witnessed some average students getting placed @ 70lacs pa with Olam......That's seer luck. During shortlisting @ Campus, you seriously need luck.

In my own case, i too have seen people with lower aptitude,studies getting better offer @ Infosys just because they are of a particular gender wearing branded western-wear (feminists, plz forgive me).....and i aint even shortlisted in the first place............(details , i wouldn't like to share here in public forum..

I have seen desperate students rushing to the podium @ ICAI auditorium to get job @ 6.67lacs, which involved 8-10 months pa travelling in the volatile,unsafe parts of Gulf.........

There will definitely be news in some newspaper at the end of March, that 30 students got 14 lacs package, 60 students got 9lac package........which will be cut,scanned and uploaded by ICAI in their news section....but what about the remaining 4000 passouts?

And friend, are there 15000 CAs in the job market waiting for jobs? I feel it's far fetched.......

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 11 March 2012

hi sushant,

agree with you, one thing more the reason why i am saying about 15000. i give some facts behind that,this time result 5003 passed both group, 12590 first group,15905 second group

now in my opinion atleat atleast 5000 out of 28495, that had need to only clear one group to become ca. so this attempt atleat 10k candidate had become ca(also prove from first part of campus around 9k have registered and those 9k r not include prepond cleared out). nd in first phaise nly 350 candidates had placed from india.

and look the campus placements of may2011 pass outs, 1297 placed from 10917, 9620 remained nd out of that some have entered into practice due to there wish, some into practice due to no job in market and lots of person started @ 15-20k pm and lots of person still are searching for job, so u can say out of 9620 around 4000 got good profile job and balance 5620 are still searching for job(either those didnt get job or working less than 20k)

so thats d reason of my 15k data, 9500 are from those of this time and around 5k of previous time.

Thanks,

MANI. (practice) (317 Points)
Replied 14 March 2012

after becoming a ca there are still struggles

CA.CS. Y.H.RAGHAVENDRA (CA) (32 Points)
Replied 19 March 2012

Thank You very much for all your suggestions friends:)

YHR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro