Easy Office
LCI Learning

Forex currency trading

Page no : 2

Gil Burt (admin) (38 Points)
Replied 01 October 2011

really so interesting........................

Riddhi (trainee) (25 Points)
Replied 15 October 2011

Hello everyone,

Can sumone please tell me do OCBs engage in active trading in indian stock markets?

How are they diferrent from FIIs?

Thanks.

CA k sumanth kumar (CA ) (42 Points)
Replied 16 October 2011

HAI......frnds iam in interested in share market and gathering some basic knowledge......i wnt to the the diff b/w trader and investor......plz post........

subhash jangir (na) (38 Points)
Replied 19 October 2011

Originally posted by : Krishnamurthy

Hi Nikhil, 

There is a HUGE difference between the INR denominated Forex derivatives offered by NSE/MCX-SX and the Forex Futures offered by OTC( like Alpari, ForexCentral etc). The two products are grossly different; in the sense that, the OTC creats AnyTime Anywhere lucrative business opportunity for seasoned and knowledgable forex traders. Its lucrative, because it provides upto 1: 400 leverage. That means,  if you make a 50 pip profit each day( its not difficult though) , you end up making $10,000 in a month at the highest leverage for an investment of $500. For achieving the feat, you can put yourself in a remote village with just a laptop and an internet connection !!

Whereas, the INR denominated Forex derivatives offered by NSE and MCX-SX are low liquidity hedging products designed to meet the needs of importers  to mitigate forex flucation risks. They dont actually map to features of OTC products. 

My concern is that, Retail Investor's interets are not taken care by RBI, SEBI and the Govt. There are no lobby currently which works for the interests of the retail investors.  We can certainly create a small group ( like the Anna Team) and setup a forum. Let me know, if anyone is interested to join ? 

ok but Isn it true that as per RBI one can Trade Forex with only four currency pairs.

(Guest)

""" ok but Isn it true that as per RBI one can Trade Forex with only four currency pairs."""

Trading on Indian bourses is allowed only for those 4 currencies paired with INR and that to no spot trading, only currency derivatives are allowed. There are people trading these currency derivatives on NSE etc and it is getting popular day-by-day.

- One can trade USD/INR, EUR/INR, GBP/INR and JPY/INR on indian bourses but that is not the point here. Here by Forex Trading we mean trading not only INR pairs but all the other pairs (e.g. EUR/USD, USD/JPY and so on..) with foreign brokers using high leverage / margin.

-- Nikhil

Replied 19 October 2011

But, Nikhil 

as we see that there are many more broker in market like alpari,4XM,iforex,etc.

so, all are opening forex accounts with Indian Residents and offering all pair trading, is illegal.

ans so on why not Govt.  take any action. many around us makink money through them.

Im eager to know reality.

Replied 19 October 2011

Nikhil,

some of those forex brokers are flaashing their ads in caclubs website, so what about that?

(Guest)

Yes, there are many brokers who have set up offices in India. You mentioned Alpari. I called Alpari India to learn that they offer trading only in 4 INR pairs on NSE and MCX. It doesn't even involve the MT4 platform. So, Alpari is providing nothing different than any other broker in India like icicidirect or sharekhan.

There are some other brokers who have offices in India, e.g. FXCentral. Although they say it is FXCentral India, the firm is registered as "FxCentric India Ltd", a group company of Fxcentral. It is registered of offer Financial services but not "Forex Trading" in particular.

Here is the RBI Circular on RBI site itself:
https://www.rbi.org.in/scripttts/BS_CircularIndexDisplay.aspx?Id=6336

I don't know the legalities of trading spot forex in/from India, may be there is no such law 'against' it but just warnings but I have stopped trading forex for now. I am hopeful that since many brokers are opening offices in India and specially Alpari who is actively involved in promoting Forex Trading (at least on NSE, MCX derivatives for now) they may allow trading in coming years.

There are people trading forex actively with many brokers. They may also be making some money but I have decided to stop. The markets are here to stay. I can wait too.  Apart from this, its individual's call to trade forex or not.

Thanks!
Nikhil

indiafx (marketing) (22 Points)
Replied 02 November 2011

In Forex trading we made some investment which we use for trading. It is very volatile market it moves very sharply to any bad or good news. It is risky market if you are not using the requirement of the trading while it is rewarding if you use the rule of trading.

Forex is easy to learn and remarkably straightforward. You only need the right guidance and good trading conditions.  

There has always been a big debate about whether forex trading is legal or illegal in India. Well it is very much legal to trade FX in India.

you can catch me at https://www.facebook.com/Nordforex

andrew12 (student) (24 Points)
Replied 19 November 2011

Yes actually forex trading is bit risky. Thus you need to have thorough knowledge of atleast basic. Try to be updated about every news in forex market.

indiafx (marketing) (22 Points)
Replied 24 November 2011

Originally posted by : Nikhil

Can you experienced forex traders tell me if Forex Trading with international broker is legal in India?

If one happens to earn profit from Forex Trading, what would be the Tax structure?

And how do you deposit and withdraw from the trading account?

Thanks & regards,

Nikhil

for proper detail you can contact  in.support @ nordfx.com,91-120-4533760

MichealFlether214 (Student) (36 Points)
Replied 27 November 2011

Originally posted by : Nikhil

Can you experienced forex traders tell me if Forex Trading with international broker is legal in India?

If one happens to earn profit from Forex Trading, what would be the Tax structure?

And how do you deposit and withdraw from the trading account?

Thanks & regards,

Nikhil

It is absolutely legal, infact many forex companies allow direct deposit from indian bank accounts.

(Guest)
could you please let us know how it is legal with some proof (like an RBI circular as i've posted) or the where it is clearly mentioned in FEMA or FERA? The RBI circular I posted talks about the firms you mentioned who accept deposits in INR and says banks should look into the issue. Which are the brokers who accept deposit in rupees except FXcentral? Thanks

Nanda Roy (student) (25 Points)
Replied 29 November 2011

Originally posted by : shrayali

.my friend is doing trading with Nordfx forex broker and also suggesting me to do .  I know he is my friend and he will suggest me goodone but i wanna more  from recent trader of that company.  Is that broker is reliable ?. i have no idea about forex market .I am intrested to know more about forex currency trading  . so i hope you will suggest me best.

PLS reply

Hi shrayali,

Welcome to the forex market. Here are some tips to help you out. First always practice on a demo account before you get into real account. Secondly follow international markets and economies closely and try and recognise trends. Never follow your emotions and always take an informed decision.

Nanda Roy (student) (25 Points)
Replied 29 November 2011

Originally posted by : shrayali

.my friend is doing trading with Nordfx forex broker and also suggesting me to do .  I know he is my friend and he will suggest me goodone but i wanna more  from recent trader of that company.  Is that broker is reliable ?. i have no idea about forex market .I am intrested to know more about forex currency trading  . so i hope you will suggest me best.

PLS reply

Hi shrayali,

Welcome to the forex market. Here are some tips to help you out. First always practice on a demo account before you get into real account. Secondly follow international markets and economies closely and try and recognise trends. Never follow your emotions and always take an informed decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: