Easy Office

CENTRAL EXCISE SSI EXEMPTION:TRADING TURNOVER

Page no : 4

kalpana singh (nil) (21 Points)
Replied 07 August 2010

Dear Rajesh Sir, Importing the Sandal Wood Oil C.E.Tariff:33012937) and further re-packing and re-labeling it with our brand name would be considered as manufacturing or trading . And if it is considered as manufacturing then can we avail the benefit of Cenvat Credit ? Kalpana Singh

(Guest)

Dear RajeshSir,

I have ssen that you are very good at providing solutions for Excise Related Issues . Please provide me guidance too.

My uncle is having a excise unit and purchasing packing material from non-excisable unit but the supplier gets the goods included excise. Now can I make an arrangement that I purchase the RAW MATERIAL with Excise in My name and than provide the materials for JobWork to the existing supplier.

Please provide me some guidance

THANKS IN ADVANCE

Regards

Hemant

prakash (Excise Manager) (21 Points)
Replied 14 February 2011

Hello Good morning sir

Sir, after taking registration in central excise for a ssi unit, we start to pay duty when we cross the assessable turnover 1.50 crore, and then we can take cenvat credit on inputs and also pay the duty for the portion after 1.50 cror which will go upto 4.00 crore.  During this duty paying period if we purchase non cenvated inputs, we will not take any credit, but should we pay duty for the final products ? by manufacturing using this non cenvated inputs.

Otherwise how should we maintain the accounts.  Or we can raise the final bill without payment of duty for this non cenvated input items? pls clarify sir.

U S Sharma (glidor@gmail.com) (21056 Points)
Replied 14 February 2011

non cenvat inputs means u did not got excise invoice, or they are produced from exempted unit, here u have to pay duty on goods produced with such inputs, unless the final products are exempted / zero rated in CETA.

kamlesh s (Partner) (41 Points)
Replied 15 February 2011

Hello,

I'm about to start a corrugated box manufacturing unit.

I don't know anything about Central Excise except that it has been reduced for 8% to 4% .

My production has not yet started.

When and how shall i register for Central excise?

My monthly turnover will be around 20L+ , that means i'll probably cross 1.5C limit in 7-8 months.

Please share your views.

Thank you

CHANDRA SHEKHARA.T.V (MANAGER) (21 Points)
Replied 25 February 2011

please give the details of turnover exemption limit including export or not

kamlesh s (Partner) (41 Points)
Replied 01 March 2011

We do not export.

Replied 01 March 2011

basic threshold limit for SSI units is 150 lacs without input credit, 

in computation of limit only "clearence for HOME consumption" is taken, 

exports are not home consumption so not counted, 

once the unit cross 400 lacs, then he loose his SSI status and no exemption available to unit in forthcoming years. 

Annappa (Article Asst.) (41 Points)
Replied 08 March 2011

Please anyone can send me exemption notification no which contains exemption amount of 150lakhs & 400lakhs.

Pankaj Arora (Learner) (3134 Points)
Replied 08 March 2011

Notification no. 8/2003 dt. 1.03. 2003

Mani Kumar (Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 10 May 2011

Dear Sir
Good evening, I am working as an accountant in a industry manufacturing of valves & pipe fittings of stainless steel, and their turnover is around 135 lakhs witch is under exemption in SSI, but alternate they take a erection & commissioning works around 7 to 8 lakhs per year, pl clarify weather They have to pay service tax for the erection & commissioning of work,
Thanks with Regards,
Mani kumar,
Email:accounts.markvalves @ gmail.com

Replied 10 May 2011

for service tax exemption limit is 10 L, subject to 1) they dont avail input credit on materials/ input services 2) their previous year service provided is below 10 L

if both criteria is complied, then no need of service tax 

sandeep (Accountant) (21 Points)
Replied 22 November 2011

We are a manufacturing excisable unit with a brand name TTTT & we were paying no excise as the govt had given us excise exemption fro first five years in gujarat. I want to ask you that can we open a Trading unit. I want to know the Limit for the same whether is 150lakhs and whether we can use the same brand name TTTT in the trading unit & sell the products. As we are going to sell the same Material under same brand in Trading unit whether excise is applicable to us. Should we have a different company name & directors should be different for Trading unit. We are not going to cross the limit of Rs. 150lakhs in Trading unit while selling the same brand in Trading unit whether excise will be charged on same & whats the limit. Whether we have to change the companys name & directors in Trading unit. whats the procedure Can you help me for the same..... whether there is any Section or clause. We will be setting our trading unit in Gujarat... Kindly give me the link to the Section or clauses

Regards

Sandeep_suvarna @ hotmail.com

Swapnil Jain (Partner) (50 Points)
Replied 14 December 2011

Dear sir

We are a trading firm for paper industry. Curretly we are buying plastic coated paper from a excisable manufacturer @ 10.3% duty. Uncoated paper has 5.15% excise duty. If I buy uncoated paper at 5.15% duty  and plastic, which I proide to the company for coating on job work basis were I pay 10.3% service tax on labour. Will that be assumed as manufacturing or process outsourcing.

Will I come have to register under central excise????

CA Prabhat Gupta (Manager (Indirect Taxes))   (821 Points)
Replied 14 December 2011

In my opinion that would definitely amount to a manufacturing activity. As the coating of paper is done on jobwork basis, you become the principal manufacturer. If the job worker is not discharging the Excise duty liability and you undertake to discharge the same, you will have to register with the Excise Department as Excise Manufacturer and would be required to pay duty accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: