Derivatives - A Taboo

"Derivatives are Financial Instruments of Mass Financial Destruction"

I wonder why anyone would think like this.

Then I thought & searched for reasons, some things which I found where:

1. Commodity Derivatives:

 These instruments have contributed to make our basic commodities prices unstable.

I don’t understand what is the need to have Commodity Derivatives, where traders play with them to make profits & We, the common masses, have to bear the consequences.

2. Currency Derivatives:

 These instruments originally evolved for hedging the Foreign Currency Fluctuations are now the major reason for Foreign Currency Fluctuations. From a 'to be Boon" to a "concern" to Foreign trade – Currency Derivatives, What purpose do they serve now?

3. Equity Derivatives:

            If I want to start a company & get it listed, one major concern would be the Capital Market, especially the Stock Markets.

Stock Markets are well-known to be the Fastest way to make or lose Money, playing with the shares of the Company, where Consensus decides the fate more, than the fundamental strengths of the company.

Equity Derivatives make it even worse, because Groups with deep pockets (Institutional Investors) can decide the fate of my sweat driven company more than what I can do.

Now can anyone please tell me Why Derivatives must not be a Taboo?

I’m a student, still learning & searching for more insights; maybe I’m wrong but, would love to test my grounds of observation. Please express your views.

DISCLAIMER: The views expressed above are personal & any liability in respect of any actions taken after considering the above views will not be admitted.

 

 

  

           

           

             

 

 

 

Replies (2)

Is that so R.S.C.

I cant comment how much u r right but my fren i like ur thinking capability.

Very Good Keep it up.

 i agree with you....but i don't know what could the solution be........

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details