Demand order

Dear experts, i have filed a income tax return in time, and I have revised it later,

now I have received the order with demand 6882, actually department has imposed the late fee 5000 and added some interest.

i have filed original return in time, but why I have to pay this late fee...
Replies (4)
Quick Summary
A user filed their income tax return on time and later revised it, but has now received a demand order including a £5000 late fee and interest. They are questioning the late fee as the original return was filed promptly. Other users suggest checking for discrepancies, particularly regarding TDS or self-assessment tax, and advise that late fees under section 234F should not apply if the return was filed on time.

Hi,

Please check 143(1) once .Look out for difference.

It might be Tds difference..
I have already verified sir, there is no TDS only self assessment tax paid
If ITR was filed on time and revised later then you are not liable to pay any late fee u/s 234F
I have receive order with penalty 5000 and interest. what I have to do sir, suggest me which way is better

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details