Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Demand notice - rectification

Mrugesh (ABC) (21 Points)

26 October 2021  

I forgot to mention HRA component in my salary when filing ITR2 and have received demand notice as I have claimed exemption for HRA. Everything else remains the same. My questions are

1. Can I rectify this mistake by filing rectification u/s 154?

2. The income tax portal doesn't allow filing such rectification yet. So what should I do? Deadline for paying the demand is fast approaching.

3. This was for AY20-21, I used the X M L utility to fix the mistake and generate new X M L. However, it still applies interests and feels (u/s 234) because it deems I am filing the (rectified) return now. Suppose I am able to rectify the return successfully, do I have to still pay these penalties as I am filing rectification now?

4. CPC Bangalore has current rectification rights? As recitification from efiling website is not possible, how can I transfer case to AO? I am not allowed to meet anyone at CPC Bangalore.


Any other ideas, and suggestions are most welcome!

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,


 1 Replies

Veera Veera (248 Points)
Replied 26 October 2021

Speak to CPC Help desk once

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags