Demand Notice - IT

Received a demand notice for payment of tax, post filing of ITR. but when I am checking on the portal, no outstanding demand is shown.

Also let me know, if after payment of tax as per the demand notice, any revised return needs to be filed or not ?
Replies (8)
Quick Summary
If you've received a demand notice for tax payment after filing your ITR, but it's not showing on the online portal, don't worry. This often happens when your ITR has been provisionally assessed under Section 143(1), and the demand will only appear on the portal if you fail to pay within 30 days. Paying the demand notice promptly means you won't need to file a revised return and won't receive any further demands.

Did you received intimation u/s. 143(1), confirming the tax assessment with the demand?.....

Yes, I received.

In that case you can pay the demand. No Need to revise the return.

In email it is just written your ITR intimation. there is no mention of assessment. also, when I am checking on portal, there is nothing showing when I am clicking on response to outstanding demand.

Your ITR has been provisionally assessed u/s. 143(1), and demand raised. It will not reflect in the portal for time being.

Unless you pay the demand within 30 days, it will reflect in 'Outstanding Demand'.

And the acknowledgement I received at the time of filing ITR, when I will pay the amount of demand, how will I get the revised acknowledgement. I mean with the increased amount of tax paid.

No. You will neither get any acknowledgement, nor any demand in future; provided you pay the demand in stipulated time period.

Ok, Thanks.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details