GST Plus - Get Daily updates,support, whatsapp Group & reply to GST Notices etc.!! Call : 011-411-70713 !!

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shubham Shaily   19 September 2021

Demand Notice - IT

Received a demand notice for payment of tax, post filing of ITR. but when I am checking on the portal, no outstanding demand is shown.

Also let me know, if after payment of tax as per the demand notice, any revised return needs to be filed or not ?

8 Replies

Dhirajlal Rambhia

Dhirajlal Rambhia (SEO Sai Gr. Hosp.)     19 September 2021

Did you received intimation u/s. 143(1), confirming the tax assessment with the demand?.....

Shubham Shaily

Yes, I received.
Dhirajlal Rambhia

In that case you can pay the demand. No Need to revise the return.

Shubham Shaily

In email it is just written your ITR intimation. there is no mention of assessment. also, when I am checking on portal, there is nothing showing when I am clicking on response to outstanding demand.
Dhirajlal Rambhia

Your ITR has been provisionally assessed u/s. 143(1), and demand raised. It will not reflect in the portal for time being.

Unless you pay the demand within 30 days, it will reflect in 'Outstanding Demand'.

Shubham Shaily

And the acknowledgement I received at the time of filing ITR, when I will pay the amount of demand, how will I get the revised acknowledgement. I mean with the increased amount of tax paid.
Dhirajlal Rambhia

No. You will neither get any acknowledgement, nor any demand in future; provided you pay the demand in stipulated time period.

Shubham Shaily

Ok, Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register