Cwa aspirant

Mihir (Wealth Manager)     08 April 2012

Mihir
Wealth Manager 
 620 likes  5278 points

| My Other Post

I always wanted to do Costing but never got the chance, maybe because of some unsual circumstances.

I foresee good potentials in this qualification in times to come.

For a good back-up plan, I want to pursue this now.

I wish to know if this course can be completed without attending a single classroom, not even for some computer coaching which I heard is mandatory.

Thanks

(Guest)

you can opt for postal coaching, one day group discussion seminar you have to attend, it will be on sunday, and comp training,.. you can take exemption, if you have pgdca, or 100hrs course you shd attend, institute will inform you abt the institute, but not from pvt institutes.... All the best to you..

avater

Mihir (Wealth Manager)     09 April 2012

Mihir
Wealth Manager 
 620 likes  5278 points

View Profile | My Other Post

100 hrs computer training? What for?

And why GD for this course?

Is it possible that CWA syllabus will be revised shortly because of introduction of Direct Tax code and Goods and Service tax ?

(Guest)

well, thats not in our hand,... as per me, comp trng, and GD are worth to participate,

avater

Ankit Gupta (Learner)     09 April 2012

Ankit Gupta
Learner 
 182 likes  1552 points

well this GD/BC program is now of 3 days, i read on the brochure given by the WIRC to me on the date of registration of intermediate

(Guest)

@ Ankit, seems you have latest info. regd CWA, it will be great, if you share it on CCI,

I think, gd/bc prog.. differs from RC to RC, as just a week back, our chapter had conducted GD, and its for only one sunday..,

avater

Mihir (Wealth Manager)     10 April 2012

Mihir
Wealth Manager 
 620 likes  5278 points

Whats this GD for?

And why 100 hrs of computer coaching?

Any exemption available as far as computer coaching is concerned?

When someone has enough working experience, this computer coaching should not be made mandatory then.

avater

Ankit Gupta (Learner)     11 April 2012

Ankit Gupta
Learner 
 182 likes  1552 points

there were few changes which i cme to know on 29th march, the day when i registered for intermediate are as follows : 
1. registration number now won't be given according to them in any WRR/ERR/SRR, as the case may be, a separate unique codes are assigned instead of that. 
2. GD/BC program for intermediate in WIRC is of 3 days now, as they told me to do it before appearing for examination. 
3. I just asked about practical training, as I am also doing CA, so they told me that ther's a circular (to be approved), ehich states that  a student can claim exmption if he/she had worked under a chartered accountant also.[( i felt like they are having some wrong information)], addingly they said to me, but only for 2.5 years, rest 6 months of training is compulsory for appearing into finals.. 

note: i don't know about anyother RC's, i belong to WIRC , so be well connceted with ur RC's too for such information. 
and the above point 3rd one is totally shoking for me too. 

avater

Ankit Gupta (Learner)     11 April 2012

Ankit Gupta
Learner 
 182 likes  1552 points

@ mihir : for appearing in the intermediate exams, one has to complete the computer training of 100 hours and GD/BC programs. (it's coompulsory) . . and if you have opted for POSTAL then have to sent alll the CC papers before the due dates to the respective RC's. 

avater

Mihir (Wealth Manager)     12 April 2012

Mihir
Wealth Manager 
 620 likes  5278 points

I don't know about you guys, but I think ICWAI isn't taking the right steps to introducing concrete improvements in delivering high quality management accounting education. There is no need to feel inferior to ICAI.

They need to introduce pro-student high quality administration. With such absurd regulations in place, I am sure many CWA aspirant like me must be opting for CA instead.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here