CCI Online Learning
50% OFF in CA/CS/CMA Subjects

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cst law- query

Ankit (C.A.-Student)     14 November 2013

 22 likes  675 points

| My Other Post

Hello A dealer is registered under UP VAT and he Buys & Sells some food items in Delhi without taking goods to UP or other states. 1) Does he have to pay CST on buying goods from Delhi? 2) Does he have to pay CST on sales made in Delhi? 3) Can he claim benefit of C form while buying goods? 4) At what rates he has to pay tax, if he can't claim C form benefit, on both buying and selling? Thanks


RAJU (LEARNER)     14 November 2013

 64 likes  1087 points

View Profile | My Other Post

The power to levy tax on sale of goods rests with State Government and hence the dealers would be liable for tax in the state in which the goods are physically present at the time of sale. In Short, in the given scenario, the dealer has to register and pay tax in the State of Delhi. When the goods are bought by a registered dealer in Delhi, there would be no question of issuing Form-C for the purchases from the dealer in the State of Delhi.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
GST Live Class    |    x