Cpe hours requirements 2014 -2016

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     25 March 2014

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

| My Other Post

CPE HOURS REQUIREMENTS FOR THE BLOCK PERIOD OF 3 YEARS (1-1-2014 TO 31-12-2016)  TO BE COMPLIED WITH BY DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF MEMBERS

A. All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are holding Certificate of Practice (except all those members who are residing abroad) are required to:  

a)        Complete at least 90 CPE credit hours in a rolling period of three-years.

b)      Complete minimum 20 CPE credit hours of structured learning in each calendar year.

C)      Out of the 90 CPE Credit Hours as mentioned  above,  30  CPE credit hours  can be completed  either through Structured or Unstructured learning (as per  Member’s choice).

B. All the members (aged less than 60 years) who are not holding Certificate of Practice  and all the members who are residing abroad (whether holding Certificate of Practice or not) are required to: 

(a)      Complete at least 45 CPE credit hours  either structured or unstructured learning (as per Member,s choice) in  rolling period of three-years  

b)        Complete minimum 10 CPE credit hours of either structured or unstructured learning (as per member’s choice) in each calendar year.

C.      All the members (aged 60 years & above) who are holding Certificate of Practice, are required to:

a)       Complete at least an aggregate of 70 CPE credit hours of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member’s choice) in a rolling  period  of three years

b)        Complete minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning in the first calendar year i.e. 2014.

c)          Complete minimum of 20 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member’s choice) in the second and third calendar years i.e. 2015 & 2016

Source : http://cpe.icai.org/index.html

avater

CA Puran Chand Khemka (Chartered Accountant)     02 August 2014

CA Puran Chand Khemka
Chartered Accountant 
 2 likes  61 points

View Profile | My Other Post

How many CPE Hours require for the member aged above 65 years and holding COP ? 

Thanks

avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     06 August 2014

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

Originally posted by : CA Puran Chand Khemka
How many CPE Hours require for the member aged above 65 years and holding COP ? 

Thanks

C.      All the members (aged 60 years & above) who are holding Certificate of Practice, are required to:

a)       Complete at least an aggregate of 70 CPE credit hours of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member’s choice) in a rolling  period  of three years

b)        Complete minimum of 10 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning in the first calendar year i.e. 2014.

c)          Complete minimum of 20 CPE credit hours being an aggregate of either Structured or Unstructured Learning (as per member’s choice) in the second and third calendar years i.e. 2015 & 2016

Pooja (Proprietor)     08 December 2014

Pooja
Proprietor 
 1 likes  40 points

I have a query. I became a member of ICAI in April 2012 & have completed the CPE requirements till calendar year 2013. But I am holding COP since August 2014, so for calendar year 2014 do I have to complete 20 structured CPE hours or its exempt as it is my first year of holding COP? Please reply.

avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     17 December 2014

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

Exemption of CPE hours can be availed by members (in practice or service) only in the first year of Membership.

pooja (Student)     29 December 2014

pooja
Student 
 41 points

Is the first year exemption applicable in the current block period of 2014 -16.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     29 December 2014

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

Originally posted by : pooja
Is the first year exemption applicable in the current block period of 2014 -16.

Please reply. Thanks in advance.

Yes you are exempted in the first year of 2014. 

avater

Sathish M (Management Accountant)     08 January 2015

Sathish M
Management Accountant 
 3419 likes  40526 points

Extension of last date “for complying with the CPE hours requirement for the Calendar Year 2014” - from 31st December, 2014 to 31st March, 2015 - (06-01-2015)
FOR INFORMATION OF THE MEMBERS

Subject: Extension of last date “for complying with the CPE hours requirement for the Calendar Year 2014” - from 31st December, 2014 to 31st March, 2015

This is for kind information of the members that it has been decided to extend the last date for complying with the CPE hours requirement for the Calendar Year 2014 - from 31st December, 2014 to 31st March, 2015 

(CA. V. MURALI)
Chairman
CPE Committee of ICAI

avater

Meet Vekaria ( )     15 March 2015

Meet Vekaria

139 points

Can anyone share the link of clarification etc. whereby ICAI exempts the new members from CPE requirements in the first calendar year in which they become members.??

I have got clarification for the 3 year block ended on 31-12-2013 at following link:

http://icai.org/new_post.H T M L?post_id=10176

But I can't find any such clarification for the next 3 years block ended on 31-12-2016.

If the exemption is removed, new members in 2014 will have to compete the CPE requirements before 31-03-2015 as to extension been provided for the year 2014.

*URGENT*

Binal Shah (Account Manager)     14 December 2016

Binal Shah
Account Manager 
 24 points

I became member in year 2012 and I have not opted cop in 2012, I have not attended any CPE hours in year 2012.

In year 2013, I have attended 12 structured and 15 unstructured CPE hours.

In year 2014, in month of September I have opted for cop, and I have attended only 2 structured and 15 unstructured CPE hours.

In year 2015 and 2016 I have attended 20 CPE hours in each year and also 15 unstructured CPE hours in each year.

So now my CPE hours working for block period of 3 years starting from 1/1/2014 to 31/12/2016 is total 43 structured CPE hours and 45 unstructured CPE hours.

Please advice me should I require any structured CPE hours to complete my requirement of 90 in block period.

Please reply quickly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »