Cost records :- manufacturing companies, applicable from fin

CA Preeti Agarwal (article) (844 Points)

26 June 2012  

1) If The company is manufacturing company and the turnover of company is 20 Crore is required to get cost compliance certificate from a practicing cost accountant,and file it before 30th September, in XBRL mode.

2) If a company is from one of this industries:-
a. Bulk drugs
b. Formulations
c. Fertilizers
d. Sugar
e. Industrial alcohol
f. Electricity industry (incl. Wind power)
g. Petroleum industry (incl lube oil)
h. Telecommunications

And has Aggregate value of the turnover of sales and other activity of all the products exceeds 20 crore and net worth more than 5 crore, or is listed or in process of listing its equity or debtthen a company is required to get its cost records audited by a practicing cost accountant, the cost accountant appointment to be notified to MCA in electronic form within 90 days from commencement of financial year. I.e., if year commences from 1.4.2012, 30.6 2012 is the last date.

3) If a company is from one of these industries:-
a. Cement
b. Tyres and tubes
c. Steel (incl. Tubes, pipes, and other steel products made out of steel)
d. Paper (incl. Board and other articles of paper)
e. Insecticides
f. Glass
g. Paints & varnishes
h. Aluminium
i. Jute, cotton, silk, woolen or blended fibers /textiles
j. Edible oil seeds and oils (incl. Vanaspati)
k. Packaged food products
l. Organic & inorganic chemicals
m. Coal & lignite
n. Mining & metallurgy of ferrous & non-ferrous metals
o. Tractors and other motor vehicles (incl. Automotive components)
p. Plantation products
q. Engineering machinery (inc. Electrical and electronic products)

and Aggregate value of the turnover of sales and other activity of all the products exceeds 100 crores in the preceding year then a company is required to get its cost records audited by a practicing cost accountant, the cost accountant appointment to be notified to MCA in electronic form within 90 days from commencement of financial year. I.e., if year commences from 1.4.2012, 30.6 2012 is the last date.