CONTINGENT LIABILITY- RECOGNITION

Income tax demand has been set aside by order of CIT appeals. Whether the company still show it as contingent liability simply because the department can go in appeal against the order in appeals of CIT.

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores whether a company should continue to show an income tax demand as a contingent liability after the CIT appeals has set it aside. The consensus leans towards assessing the probability of the department appealing further. If the outcome is uncertain due to lack of past experience, it's often considered 'remote' and may not require disclosure. Legal advice from a lawyer can also influence the decision.

Probable = provide

possible = disclose

Remote = don’t disclose.

this provisions is a general matter based on past experiences. I believe it’s your 1st experience. So it’s remote. 

I have finished off my preliminary investigation about this situàtion and since standards are helping with the past experiences, we can conclud3

If your provisioning by yourself make it remote cause you don't experiençe about the outcome

If your having a fraud lawyer, forget the whole thing. If you have a valid lawyer, his advise can act like a technical knowhow and he becomes a related party who has significant influence in management decission at this moment. You can disclose

@ DINESH GOEL,

It can't be discontinued.l before completing the appeal.
So, keep the balance in same nature.

Sorry folks. Sometimes I read the heading or the content writer changed the question lol. What happens was my eyes are blinking rapidly due to summer body overheat. I don't like to eat curd rice and it became more. So I'm avoiding less eye contact with screen. Plus anyways, as you know everyone asks with bad English. So i wrotw it off like that. I think I'll take rest for couple of days. Bye

Originally posted by : Yasaswi Gomes new
opening quote Sorry folks. Sometimes I read the heading or the content writer changed the question lol. What happens was my eyes are blinking rapidly due to summer body overheat. I don't like to eat curd rice and it became more. So I'm avoiding less eye contact with screen. Plus anyways, as you know everyone asks with bad English. So i wrotw it off like that. I think I'll take rest for couple of days. Bye closing quote

πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details