Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Confusions related to MBA after CA

Scavanger007 (student) (73 Points)

11 June 2011  

Hello guys,

I m pursuing C.A. , and just gave the IPCC group-1 exam.
My question is that should i go for MBA after i complete CA?
If yes, then can CA do MBA from IIM if i satisfy their requirements?
Also i visited IIM-A website and saw variants of MBA offered by them, mainly, normal 2 year course and 1yr executive mba course... 
which of this shall i aim for?
Also, (though this question may not appear appropriate in 'MBA section) besides MBA what can i pursue after completion of CA...

Kindly help me get around this confusion. :)

9 Replies

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA) (2050 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

Although MBA is not necessary after ca, still if u wish to do it & can afford 2 more years after ca then u can definitely do it from IIM...it'll boost your chances in job market.  For executive MBA i think u will have to show working experience, hence if u'll get job before MBA then u can go for this one.  However at present do concentrate on ca only.

Regarding any other course, it'll depend on ur interest...Post qualification CA courses like in valuation/CS/CWA/MCOM/CFA/CPA etc etc...bahut kuch hai...

2 Like

CA ADITYA SHARMA (CA IN PRACTICE ) (16719 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

agree with mohit mahajan

Scavanger007 (student) (73 Points)
Replied 11 June 2011

thanks for replying and clearing the doubts...

btw between normal mba and executive mba, is either of them better? just asking...

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA) (2050 Points)
Replied 13 June 2011

Both have different objectives designed for different needs still Normal MBA from a good institute will give u a good career start.  However in case u r not able to do normal MBA from such institute then obviously execuitve mba from IIM should be preferred.

Kushal Khator ( CA ) (562 Points)
Replied 01 September 2011

a guy giving cat is sure to get admission to iims?

Ashwin (CA Final) (242 Points)
Replied 21 December 2012

Now a days the people who complete can get into iims easily if you score around 85% you can easily get into IIMs, you will get extra waitage.

Greatest Buddy (Finance Professional) (164 Points)
Replied 06 August 2014

Originally posted by : Scavanger007

thanks for replying and clearing the doubts...

btw between normal mba and executive mba, is either of them better? just asking...

Normal MBA is something which you do with a work experience of 0-4 years and executive MBA needs a  lot of work experience. 

In the case of schools like ISB, the executive MBA may require at least 8-10 years of work experience. Executive MBA is meant for every one and not the ones who are unable to attend the Normal MBA. And even executive MBA is a full one year classroom programme and not a correspondence course. 

kai hodgson (mba) (21 Points)
Replied 23 August 2014

Hi Friend......

Yes, you can join MBA after completion your CA. This is a brilliant thinking that you go for MBA, because MBA is the very vast area in the world. For my point of view, you can go in Marketing, Finance or International Business in MBA which is best for your future.And I know the Top B-School in India is ITS(Institute of Technology and Science) provides world class education system with guaranteed placement in top ranked companies. ITS awarded Top B-School in India And Best MBA Institute in NCR etc. many more award it have got.

Black mamba (Finance Enthusiast) (65 Points)
Replied 09 May 2015

Originally posted by : Ashwin

Now a days the people who complete can get into iims easily if you score around 85% you can easily get into IIMs, you will get extra waitage.

Can't stop laughing 85 percentile???????? LOL.

It is 98.5 percentile for commerce students for an interview call , get your facts rights. 

99.50 in IIM Calcutta provided that you have more than 81 percent in both 10th and 12th .

More than 98 in the case of IIMB(Very selective based on profile)

More than 98 in the case of Lucknow with decent  acads. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register