ICICI

Confused mid life career change- urgent

seeker (JUNIOR OFFICER)     26 March 2013

seeker
JUNIOR OFFICER 
 53 likes  227 points

| My Other Post

Dear all

I am 38 years old, and want to change my career . I am working as a stores officer in a very good company drawing package of 7.0 Lacs. My job has no further learning and scope.

Education front :- I am B.com. I have cleard CPT in 2010 with 70 % marks and ICWA inter 1st group  in 2006.  

Finance Front  :- I have 17 Lacs in saving + 12 Lacs in Fixed asset. This amount is enough of  my family expense for 06 years. My wife is a teacher and can support me a little bit financially . I am living in my partents house. My two children are in 6th and 04th standard studying in very good school.

Please help me am I on a right track , I want to leave job and concentrate fully on CA Course.

My only problem is I can not do IPCC study while on job as I hate it very much.I can not concentrate on my study while doing job simulaneously. As I am very frustrated with my job.

I need your advice can I leave my job to pursue my career. Its a mid life change. It happens commonly in west but not in India. Indians wastes their life accusing their destiny.

I am interested in Coaching career and hoping to start a Coaching institue after attaining CA Degree.

I am afraid of seeing the plight of young CA's in current scenario. but I am not looking for a corporate job. If CA course is so dull

My next question is should I swith over to Mathematics as one can make his career in 3 years time if he has passion and time for that.

I require external help in mathematics and have to struggle to master but in accounts I am confident. do not require any external help.

Math is a evergreen field for coaching even for online.

I need your urgent help on above said questions. I am not a foolish still only once foolish in the eyes of world have change the world in the end.

regards

avater

S.Vinothbabu (CS Student)     26 March 2013

S.Vinothbabu
CS Student 
 4 likes  69 points

View Profile | My Other Post

According to me , you are on a correct track.................. do the same job and give priority to your family...

there is nothing to worry about you

my father is working for 6000rupees salary per month in a hotel, in tamil nadu. i am studying CS to get the income like you.. but you are trying to earn more than that...............if you are not interested in your job, try start good business.. and earn millions and crores... that is the next step for your life growth........ CA is not the next step for you in your 38th age............

Please take care your childrens.. and dont think like this..........if your start CA course or other studies, you will compltely be away from peacefulness of your life...your current life is so good...do meditation..

thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here