Complete confusion in C Form and Road Permit (way bill)

Ankit Goenka (IT Dealer) (79 Points)

01 July 2011  

Please accept my apologies if these query have been answered earlier -

We are computer dealers and started our business in 2007, soon after I graduated. Having no idea about C Form, VAT, Road Permit (WayBill) etc. I was completely dependent on my tax consultant, who I dont blame or have any prejudice against although everything was prepared by me - list of purchase and sales , he did deliver the C Forms and Road Permits to us. Of late he became very slow - now we have C Forms pending since 2008 and we need to give them to our suppliers. We were issued road permits long time back - 2008 and unfortunately they expire in 90 days, considering at that time we did not get any C Form and had only road permit, we did not use the road permits. (the road permit file is missing from our office and an FIR for the same has been lodged)

Now the confusion is that , we have paid all tax - VAT upto date on our sales, just that now when we are asking for C Form the tax consultant has provided us with a form - in which the details of purchase has to be put - viz. Date/ Bill No./Amount etc. which is similar to a purchase ledger and he says that this has to be provided to the tax authorities and then and then only would they issue C Forms, also note - there material has been procured without the road permits. I am in a total mess - i dont know how to sort this thing out. Please help - I agree to be completely wrong - how do i get out of this... considering the incompetence of my tax consultant i am considering - finishing all accounts with him till the last financial year 2009-10 and starting with a better tax practitioner