Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mudit (Employed)     15 March 2016

Commission in huf

Dear Sir,
I am employed with a company as a sales manager drawing regular salary income.
I am also eligible for a annual commission on my sales, which I wish to take in my HUF name. Could you please confirm if this would be acceptable by the income tax authorities.

4 Replies

Swami Ayyappa Nuli

Swami Ayyappa Nuli (TAX ADVISOR & CONSULTANT AT G.S.T SUVIDHA CENTER)     15 March 2016

To offer as H.U.F Income. Income should be out of H.U.F's property or H.U.F's business. You can Impress your property as H.U.F's Property but not H.U.F's Income. Hence you {can not offer your commission as H.U.F's Income. Buf if you act as employee on behalf of H.U.F by Virtue of having share holding in Company and you (Kartha or Co-parcener) act as Executive officer there to look after operations} then you can offer such income as H.U.F's

Ruchi

Ruchi (CA)     15 March 2016

I think yes, you can take commission in the name of your HUF as you can act on behalf of your huf to act as such.

ketan

ketan (.)     15 March 2016

Mine case is that I have taken commission on selling medicine in my huf account is that permissible. As my I am already in 30% slab .
Sivaramaraju G

Sivaramaraju G (Learner)     19 July 2021

No, As per my understanding because it is part of your employment agreement.

if HUF has separate contract then HUF can offer commission income.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register