cleared group 1 in old course now want to convert to new course

Hello,
I have cleared CA final grp 1 in May 2012. Now can I revalidate my registration and appear for only group 2 final in May 2019 ??

If I convert to new course for group 2 will I have to appear again for group 1 ?
Replies (12)
U won't have to appear for group 1 again even if u convert to New course..... there is notification regarding same on icai site too
Thanks so much sir for your reply
And may be you will have pre-execption in FM
Sir I didn't get your point 🙂
This is with reference to the reply from VINI SHAH

Sir, 

I further want to include that I have not appeared in any attempt after May 2012 ( in which I cleared my group 1 final) except one attempt in Nov 2012 for group 2 in which I could not clear it.


So, even in this case where I have not appeared in any exams since Nov 2012, will my passing of group 1 stand valid and I require to sit only for group 2 after revalidating my registration 

Or

I will have to clear group 1 once again ?


Sir I want to inform you that I have got my registration revalidated once in May 2014 (but did not appear in any exams after that)


Sir your guidance will be very valuable for me.
as we know there are 8 subject in 2nd GRP of new syllabus
Fm is in 2nd grp and if you will covert in new syllabus you won't have to give fm paper again as you already given in 1st grp of old syallbus
so..
once get clarify with institution
ok sir 😃

Under new Syllabus 6 elective papers are there 

u have to write only 4 papers in Group 2 

Paper 6 has  six elective papers out of which you can choose any one of your choice  (Open book case study paper)

No need to appear in the group you already cleared 

Old syllabus attempts can be given till 2020 Nov. (But u have option to convert to New)

Still any doubt please shout.

Thank u sir 😄
All doubts set at rest
Can you provide a link to that notification?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details