Clarification on filing itr 3 for presumptive taxation under sec 44ada

Dear SIr,

I have income from Legal profession, very minor income from speculative business ( Intra day trading Rs 250) and negative income in Capital Gains.

I have filed my ITR3  under sec 44 ADA for income of Rs 410000 ( Rs Four Lac ten thousand only). However on filing ITR i am getting a system generated email saying that since my income from business/ profession is more than Rs 1.20 lacs, i have to fill details in Balance sheet/ P&L account. Since my receipts are under Rs 50 lacs I am not required to maintain the books of accounts under sec 44ADA, I do not understand why I am getting this email. I have checked the ITR and correct columns have been filled. Income is reflected in column 62 as required. 

speaking to IT helpline did not provide any satisfactory answers. 

Can anyone guide me on why i am getting this email and what Should I do now. Screenshot of email is attached

Thanking in advance. 


Attached File : 2875200 20190803130929 itr defect.pptx downloaded: 117 times
Replies (4)

Fill column 64(ii) of Schedule Profit & loss

[IF REGULAR BOOKS OF ACCOUNT OF BUSINESS OR PROFESSION ARE NOT MAINTAINED, furnish the following information for previous year 2018-19 in respect of business or profession-]

 

And column 6 of Schedule BS... [No Accounts Case]

 

Even after that, if you get the massage, ignore it as just 'an alert'.

 

Thanks Sir for the prompt reply. I have correctly filled both columns as advisec. But still got the email thats why I was worried as I am first timer. I will ignore the email. 

Grateful for reply

Regards

64(ii) not required . otherwise income will be doubled. 62 is ok.
Yes Sir, that has been taken care of. Thanks

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details