Clarification on deduction under section 24 on loan transfer

Dear Experts, 

I purchased an under construction property in the year 2010 and got the first disbursement in Oct'10. 

The date of completion of construction is however August 2014. I do understand I will not be able to claim 1.5 lacs deduction against the interest paid as the possession did not happen within 3 years. 

My question is , what happens to the provisions under section 24 ,  if the loan is transfered to other Financial Institution.

In case I get the home loan transferred to other bank , will I be able to claim the Incom Tax benefit for the interest paid post possession every year. 

Regards 

 

 

Replies (1)

No any problem there

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details