Easy Office

CIC decided, CA student to get copy of answer sheet under RTI

Page no : 2

CA Trinath Galla (student) (3130 Points)
Replied 22 July 2009

hey people please provide me the info. regarding how can we get those papers? i mean.................whom should we approach, how much we have to pay and soo on.................

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 22 July 2009

No Idea.... ICAI is screwed big time under this Act.... Write to ICAI office asking for the same....

vijay (self) (73 Points)
Replied 22 July 2009

this will bring accountability in the process of marking CA institute is not beyond human errors and negigence some times Qs set in examinations are not clear a students may wtite alternative answers but they are not aware whether are awarded marks or not

Prateek (CA FINAL) (363 Points)
Replied 23 July 2009

it  will be beneficial

CA Kingsley (Audit Manager) (470 Points)
Replied 23 July 2009

The judgement has come at the right time. There is a lot of chance for careless corrections in answer sheets this june 09 exam because there should be extreme pressure to examiners. I expect a lot of cases where lot of pepole will ask for their exam copy this time. Let Institute know how stressful it is when they are ordered to follow the rules. Let them know how stressful the student feel when they are subjected to unjust and stringent articleship regulations.  I know one guy who consequitively failed by just 1 or 2 marks for 8 attempts and got frustrated and left CA course. Who is going to compensate such students for the time and money wasted by them to Institute ?Lot of intelligent people fail and those who don’t even know simple journal entries pass the exam. I am sure there is something fishy going on there which we don’t know. Let it come to light.  

As far as CA Devanshi Gandhi is concerned, he justifies institute failing people and says CIC decision is not a good decision. It is only due to these kind of shrewd members Institute is becoming unpopular among the students.(There are many such specimen in the CA fraternity) He says members are in great demand because others fail. Just because you passed, it doesn’t mean others should not pass. I will show you lot of members who cant even get 30% of questions right if they attend the current PCC exams. Don’t think you members will be in demand if other students fail.  If intelligent student fail and dumb people get membership, then probably MBA or CPA members will take over and you will lose your credibility because these are the places where most of intelligent student who lose CA exams go for. Trust me they are more knowledgeable than Members.

1 Like

Replied 23 July 2009

And Vijay, y do u want to go to the extent of telling that Institute exam questions are not clear? Lol. Just look at the study material... You will know how error free the board of studies is. If they themselves cant give right answers in text book, how are they going to correct fairly without errors in exams?? God save students...

(Guest)

Hi everyone..!

It was greate decision by CIC & a daring move by Ms. Vikita. Hats off to Vikita. But I think it was just for Ms Vikita. The decision doesn't mean that ICAI will provide each & every student a copy of his/her answersheet on demand. But hope Institute shall apply CIC decision for all students & make suitable amendments to present examination system.

I personnely can not trace out any concrete logic behind not providing a copy of evaluated answersheets to students at an affordable/reasonable fees!!!

Anyway let's see what happens next..

CA Devanshi Gandhi (Ajani) (FCA DISA Mcom CIFRS & LLB)   (9058 Points)
Replied 23 July 2009

To Kingsley,

I dont wish that others should fail and just because i hv cleared CA m opposed to it,  i just want to say that just because the no. of CA are less this profession is in huge demand thats y most of the brilliant  commerce student wants to joint this course (may be as a challenge or for better life) nw what if 2moro the CA results come 60 or 70% and CAs are available just like Bcom or any othr graduate than say me who will wish to go for this degree.

I also knw many CAs who r not intelligent but they r CAs and some who deserves to be CA but they are not, I suppose that every one of us before entering CA knw that its not certain that how may years it will take to clear  it or even we will be CA or not, but than also v go for it why?????v all knw this answer…….WHY????Today majority of the commerce students are gng for CA.........

Institute never comes to us and tell us please joint the course it is v who wish to do CA and joint it than y institute should compensate for the loss of time??? they have introduce the ATC degree that’s a welcome step for those who are not able to clear the CA…….and one more thing if ur brilliant and have a good knowledge about the subject ur gng to get  good image no need to have CA degree …….CA degree can give u  a starting point but its only ur knowledge that will count and will help u to move forward remember this point.

My point of view is if they are not gng to increase the marks than no point in gng for it, if u come to knw that ur answer is right n still marks have not been allotted to u, and u hv failed by 2 or 3 marks can u imagine what will be ur mental status at that time?????

Those who are taking the decisions at higher levels are also CAs they hv also  gone through the same procedure,

this is not regarding the CA MEMBERS and CA STUDENTS this is regarding the CA PROFESSION  

and passing CPA or MBA (from IIM or similar institute) is as tough as CA u cant compare this 3 professions, the area in which  they  work are different......

1 Like

Kapil Kumar Singh Adv (Student) (572 Points)
Replied 23 July 2009

IT  IS  A   VERY   BAD   AND   UNFORTUNATE   DECISION   ON   THE   PART   OF   CIC  IN   ALLOWING THE APPEAL OF A STUDENT.

Now it will lead to open a floodgate of application to CIC / INSTITUTE  by the students who does not get through or who misses the pass marks by whisper to show their evaluated answer sheets.

I admit that there could be mistake on the part of ICAI in compling the final result of the students.But  these  kinds of mistake do happen all over the world and could be in ICAI 's case also.But we can always apply for the revaluation of our answer sheets.And still if the result is not in our favour ,we should accept the result in a dignified and professional manner.We should not indulge in the blame game and make a hue and cry out of it. Remember the Institute is not  our  enemy . We are going to be professionals in future and if we are shattered by one failure,its my personal thought that we should quit the course and do somethinfg else in which there is no failure.EVEN    SACHIN TENDULKAR GETS OUT ON    ZERO....SHANE WARNE  ALSO  GETS SMACKED ALL OVER THE PARK..

I am also a CA Final student and therefore i appeal to the INSTITUE  to be more vigilant , careful in finalising our result  because our heart and soul goes into the preparation.There should be competent , professional , experienced personnel incharge of evaluating the answer sheets.AND MORE CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN  IN COMPILING THE RESULT.

On the other hand i also urge the Institute to go into the appeal against the order of CIC AT THE EARLIEST.Otherwise its not good for the students as well as the institue.

Mack... (N/A.) (175 Points)
Replied 23 July 2009

Originally posted by :Kapil Kumar Singh
" IT IS A VERY BAD AND UNFORTUNATE DECISION ON THE PART OF CIC IN ALLOWING THE APPEAL OF A STUDENT.
Now it will lead to open a floodgate of application to CIC / INSTITUTE by the students who does not get through or who misses the pass marks by whisper to show their evaluated answer sheets.
I admit that there could be mistake on the part of ICAI in compling the final result of the students.But these kinds of mistake do happen all over the world and could be in ICAI 's case also.But we can always apply for the revaluation of our answer sheets.And still if the result is not in our favour ,we should accept the result in a dignified and professional manner.We should not indulge in the blame game and make a hue and cry out of it. Remember the Institute is not our enemy . We are going to be professionals in future and if we are shattered by one failure,its my personal thought that we should quit the course and do somethinfg else in which there is no failure.EVEN SACHIN TENDULKAR GETS OUT ON ZERO....SHANE WARNE ALSO GETS SMACKED ALL OVER THE PARK..
I am also a CA Final student and therefore i appeal to the INSTITUE to be more vigilant , careful in finalising our result because our heart and soul goes into the preparation.There should be competent , professional , experienced personnel incharge of evaluating the answer sheets.AND MORE CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN IN COMPILING THE RESULT.
On the other hand i also urge the Institute to go into the appeal against the order of CIC AT THE EARLIEST .Otherwise its not good for the students as well as the institue.
"

Very cogent analysis..I liked your stream of thought and reasoning

Replied 24 July 2009

@ Devanshi : "Institute never tells us to join the course!!!". Yeah I agree. But that doesnt mean that they can play with the life of so many students. ICAI is not a profit oriented institute. They get grants from government which is nothing but our own tax money. They have moral duty to pass those who are really capable of passing. And in that process, if a student has compromised other courses / college/employment and if he was failed for reason just because the profession should be limited in demand when compared to supply, it only means unjust enrichment.. I know it is very disturbing if i m failed for wrong reasons. I know the mental stress. But suitable action against institute should be taken I got failed for wrong reasons. And this Right to Information Act opened up this passage. 

CA Devanshi Gandhi (Ajani) (FCA DISA Mcom CIFRS & LLB)   (9058 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

than in that case i  tell u its your bad luck, there are certain things which are not in our hands.....u just cant do CA alone u have to do any other course along with CA, i agree with u but certain things are such that even though its bad one has to do it.

i just want to conclude that : 

1.     still no clarification from institute  on this topic.

2.     Are they gng to increase the marks or not.

If before assessment ur fail and even after assessment ur fail no point in gng for assessment but if ur getting pass than go for it.

jeremy (auditor) (46 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

Originally posted by :CA Devanshi Gandhi
"  To Kingsley,
I dont wish that others should fail and just because i hv cleared CA m opposed to it,  i just want to say that just because the no. of CA are less this profession is in huge demand thats y most of the brilliant  commerce student wants to joint this course (may be as a challenge or for better life) nw what if 2moro the CA results come 60 or 70% and CAs are available just like Bcom or any othr graduate than say me who will wish to go for this degree.
I also knw many CAs who r not intelligent but they r CAs and some who deserves to be CA but they are not, I suppose that every one of us before entering CA knw that its not certain that how may years it will take to clear  it or even we will be CA or not, but than also v go for it why?????v all knw this answer…….WHY????Today majority of the commerce students are gng for CA.........
Institute never comes to us and tell us please joint the course it is v who wish to do CA and joint it than y institute should compensate for the loss of time??? they have introduce the ATC degree that’s a welcome step for those who are not able to clear the CA…….and one more thing if ur brilliant and have a good knowledge about the subject ur gng to get  good image no need to have CA degree …….CA degree can give u  a starting point but its only ur knowledge that will count and will help u to move forward remember this point.
My point of view is if they are not gng to increase the marks than no point in gng for it, if u come to knw that ur answer is right n still marks have not been allotted to u, and u hv failed by 2 or 3 marks can u imagine what will be ur mental status at that time?????
Those who are taking the decisions at higher levels are also CAs they hv also  gone through the same procedure,
 this is not regarding the CA MEMBERS and CA STUDENTS this is regarding the CA PROFESSION  

and passing CPA or MBA (from IIM or similar institute) is as tough as CA u cant compare this 3 professions, the area in which  they  work are different......
"

CA Gandhi ,I am sorry but I am completely disgusted with your attitude.It's CA's like you who bring disrepute to the profession.It's unprincipled,moralless CA's like you that are responsible for a SATYAM,WORLDCOM etc.Have you forgotten the motto of the ICAI ? It's not money that CA's should strive for but knowledge and  adding value to both the profession as well as society at large.As regards your contention that if there were more number of CA's with consequential reduced earnings less people would opt for the course ,well I can say this for myself that I joined this course as a natural progression from BCOM.I wanted to  attain the highest degree in my chosen field of study.It was never about money.After reading your comments I feel ashamed about being associated with the CA tag.God help that you never get to become an examiner and purposely fail students just so that you can take a fatter pay cheque at the end of the day.

CA Tirth Ajani (CA DISA LLM Bcom IFRS Compliance)   (460 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

hi , i agree with devanshi, let me give u some  examples......

i passed my PE I in first attempt than in PE II i got 146 marks in group 1 (fail due to aggregate) and 152 in group 2 but i was fail in costing i got 38 marks......result fail, than i appeared group wise and passed out in next 2 attempts, in finals i got 192 in group 1 (again fail due to aggregate) and in group 2 i failed coz of MICS in which i got 27 it was  not possible, i always use to tell everyone that institute has failed me but i have to accept it and i did it, in  the next attempt i cleared CA.

one of my friend got 434 in finals but in group 2 he got 32 marks in MICS not possible to digest but he failed in group 2 and he passed out in next attempt, my another friend hes in CA finals cleared his 1st group but for last 3 attempts hes trying to clear his 2nd group every time he  fail just because he is not getting aggregate, u will find majority of the cases like this.........one of my elder brother left CA after giving 4 attempts in CA finals but 2day hes utilizing all his knowledge in his business

there are very very  few who has cleared CA in first attempt, i knw its very difficult to control ur emotions but this is a part of our CA studies,  u just cant site and cry u have to be positive in life.......

Indian CA are known as one of the best commerce graduates in the world just because its so difficult to be CA, there are around 150000 CAs today, and the act has given CA degree so much of powers that’s y v r in demand and so  most of us 2day wants to be CA and to have a better future……..

Let first see what institute has to say on this topic than only v can discuss…….

jeremy (auditor) (46 Points)
Replied 24 July 2009

CA Gandhi ,I am sorry but I am completely disgusted with your attitude.It's CA's like you who bring disrepute to the profession.It's unprincipled,moralless CA's like you that are responsible for a SATYAM,WORLDCOM etc.Have you forgotten the motto of the ICAI ? It's not money that CA's should strive for but knowledge and  adding value to both the profession as well as society at large.As regards your contention that if there were more number of CA's with consequential reduced earnings less people would opt for the course ,well I can say this for myself that I joined this course as a natural progression from BCOM.I wanted to  attain the highest degree in my chosen field of study.It was never about money.After reading your comments I feel ashamed about being associated with the CA tag.God help that you never get to become an examiner and purposely fail students just so that you can take a fatter pay cheque at the end of the day.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: