Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DMC (Student)     30 January 2011

Chartered Accountants as Income Tax Officers

Why doesn't the Central Board of Direct Taxes hire qualified Chartered Accountants as Income Tax Officers and Commissioners?

Why do even qualified CAs have to appear for examination to be hired as ITOs and CITs?

A CA usually goes to represent an assessee so why not a CA be there from the Department's side also.

Also the Central Board of Exicse, Customs and Service Tax should hire CAs

20 Replies

(Guest)

good question and also the matter should be taken upon by the icai so they can provide a new venue to ca's

Vikas Gupta

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     30 January 2011

Yes Good. I will email both of ICAI and CBDT

santosh

santosh (director)     30 January 2011

After some time we are working same as present I.T.O.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : santosh
After some time we are working same as present I.T.O.
CA Devender Chauhan

CA Devender Chauhan (Group Financial Accountant)     31 January 2011

very good thought......

Our intitute should consider this.

CMA Kodhanda Ramakrishna

CMA Kodhanda Ramakrishna (Manager (Finance & Accounts))     31 January 2011

good questionL

chatur

chatur (accountant)     31 January 2011

gud question.

RAKESH

RAKESH (Almost CA)     31 January 2011

its better that CA's are not officers or Commissioners because CA will know what all is being done by the assessee's. When CA represents on behalf of assessee he can easily misguide the officers by his knowledge and experience . if at all CA become officers it will be a case of CA fighting together and not for the assessee. but i do agree that if CA's become officers money will flwo to the government because the CA will know the way how the assessee has done tax evasion and so on other things. .............. 

But my opinion let if go as it is now because it is good for the assessee........

Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani (fdg)     31 January 2011

I agree with you but not totally.Although CAs are the best people for tax purposes,but i would like to say what Mr Kapil Sibbal said when he became Union Minister for Science, Technology and Earth Sciences. in Manmohan singh Cabinet in 2004 on being asked why he chose this portfolio instead of law ministry,he said as i have many friends in law fraternity,it would not have been possible for me to do justice to my ministry if any body would have asked for favours from among my friends. Same goes for CA,

Secondly the post of an IRS officer is of an administrative nature also. They have to deal with various govt agencies as well,and we all know we CAs are not very good at presentation aspect.

But the govt should separate IRS on the lines of IES,where only engineers are allowed to sit for the exam..

gaurav baheti

gaurav baheti (no)     02 February 2011

i totaly agree with mr. mohd atir......CA may work as income tax officer...but only after passing the requirements.........

gajender pal kandhari

gajender pal kandhari (student)     02 February 2011

we know most of the dealings in the cabins of income tax officers is settled on monetary terms and there is an important roll of practicing chartered accountants....as they represents on behalf of their clients.. and due to respectable pos...ition they have ... they try to make misuse of it.......
hence first corruption controlling measures should be taken then we think of it further.....
the ethics we study at CA Final are just to pass the exams ....and no one follows these..... POOR INDIA....

ya Chartered Accountants r very much clear and practical about the law....hence they should be hired...
secondly; the Chartered Accountants in practice will not be able to make fool of hired CA income tax officers....
but it could only happ...en if the corrupt people aren't appointed at such posts.....
otherwise even finance minister cannot help ....
Sarita

Sarita (Article)     02 February 2011

I'm not agree with statement given  by MOHD ATIR.

Bez a person having CA degree has tremandous knowledge and having ability to present at various level.No doubt about that.

Sanjay Madhrani

Sanjay Madhrani (Articled Assistant)     02 February 2011

GOOD THOUGHT SIRJEE

Nitesh Battu

Nitesh Battu (CA Final)     02 February 2011

Mr. Mohd.

"we all know we CAs are not very good at presentation aspect", I don't get your these words. Can u Please elaborate......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register