Cfa or some job oriented training institute?

 

Hi all, I am new to this forum and hope to find some answers to my question, please help.

I am currently pursuing MBA from Pune University and will be finishing up my exams this April 1st week and want to take up some job oriented program  or may be start preparing for  CFA level I  for the December 2012 exams.

Replies (9)

 

Hi Ranga, I am currently working in an equity research firm in Mumbai. Even I did my MBA from Pune University in 2010 and I couldn’t get a job for almost a year, I was very keen on getting into equity research firm but was not really able to get through the interviews. I realized from my experience it’s better to seriously prepare from the first year of MBA itself.

 

Yeah you are right Joseph,MBA  doesn’t give in-depth knowledge  like CFA program . But how did you get this current job? How is your job? One of my friend who is a HR working in a wealth advisory firm in Mumbai, suggested me to take up some practical application oriented training in the equity research field but I am still thinking, which institute? Cost etc.

 

 

Yeah your HR-friend is right Richard, it’s better to get some professional help. I came across this institute called “Global Banking Training”  from google .They conduct a certified program in Investment banking and  I enrolled for the same  last December. This program helped me a lot to improve my fundamental knowledge and in fact one of the co-participants in the program referred to me about the opening in my current company.

 

What does this program cover? What’s the cost?

 

I never heard of this institute, do they conduct training in Mumbai? Who is the trainer? But I think whatever training you take or knowledge you have, one should have luck to get a job

 

Guys you can check this website www.gloalbankingtraining.com  for more details. Yes Richard they conduct this program in Mumbai.I agree Richard one has to have luck to get a job but then it’s also true that “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.”  So wish you good luck.

 

Thanks Joseph for the helpful post. I have been thinking for a while to attend this program, guess will give them a call this weekend to sign-up for this program.

You can also take a look at the Post Graduate Certificate in Financial Research, where we offer Placements.

For more details, please get in touch with Abhinav Suman at +918108590969

what is the review of global training institute. an elite analyst internship progra

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Accounts and Tax Associate

POOJA R TELI & CO

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details