Cfa for mechanical engineer

Hi Everyone.

This is my first post to this forum.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession and have generated interest in Equity markets from last 4-5 years. I have come to realize that my area of interest is Portfolio management and equties.  My age is 29 and now i want to swtich slowly my career from engg. to finance side.

 

I am looking for some motivation.. Can i do CFA ? Will it help me landing a career and jump from egg. to finance ?

PS; I don't love Engg./No interest at all , so plz dont tell me to stick to engg. 

 

Replies (1)
Originally posted by : deepak
Hi Everyone.

This is my first post to this forum.

I am a Mechanical Engineer by profession and have generated interest in Equity markets from last 4-5 years. I have come to realize that my area of interest is Portfolio management and equties.  My age is 29 and now i want to swtich slowly my career from engg. to finance side.

 

I am looking for some motivation.. Can i do CFA ? Will it help me landing a career and jump from egg. to finance ?

PS; I don't love Engg./No interest at all , so plz dont tell me to stick to engg. 

 

Ofcourse, you can. Your Math/Quant background will form a very strong base for your L1. So, no second thoughts, pick up Schweser, Official books and start studying. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Assistant

Malhotra Rajesh & Associates

New Delhi

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
Account Executive

Elite Taxation

New Delhi

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details