certain queries need help...

abhishek sharma (yet to join)     02 September 2010

abhishek sharma
yet to join 
 41 points

| My Other Post

Hi.

I have certain quries....I need help in the matters given below.

1. I have passed pe2 exams in may2010 and i will be registering for CA final and articleship in the month of october 2010. So I want to know when my final will become due.

2. I have also passed CWA (inter new syllabus) in june 2010 and my final of CWA will become due on june2011, will it cause any problem for registering for CA final and I also intend to join CS will I be allowed by ICAI to pursue two courses when I am pursuing full time articleship and if not allowed then how I can pursue this courses.

3. whether I have to fill any form to inform ICAI about the other courses being pursued by me. And what are the circumstances if I donot inform the institute about it.

I seriously need help regarding the above matters as I am not getting any valid infoon these matters..

Thanks 

avater

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA)     02 September 2010

MOHIT MAHAJAN
LCS ACA 
 227 likes  2040 points

View Profile | My Other Post

For PE-II students earlier, attempt become due during last 12 months of their articleship.  However now i m not sure whether there is any change in this.

You can't pursue 2 courses simultaneously along with your articleship.  You will have to choose any one from CS/CWA and will have to inform institute through form no. 112.

However if you still want to pursue both of them then you will have to carry one of them at your own risk without informing institute. Unless you get caught it would be fine, however if institute comes to know about it, then it can take any sort of action ranging from monetary fine to disrecognizing the period of articleship.

abhishek sharma (yet to join)     03 September 2010

abhishek sharma
yet to join 
 41 points

But what are the ways ICAI can come to know about the courses if I don't inform. I have heard that many people do CA,CWA,CS, CFA. How they do?Plz reply which one to pursue with CA i.e CWA or CS. My CWA (inter) is completed and final will be due on june 2011.

avater

MOHIT MAHAJAN (LCS, ACA)     03 September 2010

MOHIT MAHAJAN
LCS ACA 
 227 likes  2040 points

It's hard to reply "how ICAI will know about it". I may sound over cautious but  You must not forget that these 3 institutes CA/CS/CWA are of same line and are concerned as sister institutes having same basic fundamentals and conflicting interests and governed under same ministry.  Hence it wont be difficult for them to share information of students registered with each other.  Just yesterday i read some media reports stating that Swiss banks have agreed to share information of some accounts maintained with them by Indians with Indian Govt.  So ICAI can take similar step anytime,  Although they haven't done it till now but who knows about future.  There may be some other ways also. 

Regarding others, they all do multiple degrees by violating CA norms.  There is common perception - "Ab tak kuch nahi hua to aage kya hoga" or "jab sab kar rahe hain to main kyun na karun".  Remember that violation is only for ICAI, other institutes dont have such regulations. 

I m not stopping you to pursue both cs/cwa.  I just want that while doing it you must be aware that you are violating the norms.  Now its not necessary that you will be caught.  So it depends on you.  Many other are doing it and there is no harm in joining them.

If you want to pursue single course then i would obviously suggest for continuing CWA as you have completed the inter and there is no point in leaving it in between.

ram murthi (nothing)     07 November 2012

ram murthi
nothing 
 22 points

what are the changes in TAX and ACCOUNTING from IPCC NOV 12 syllabus to MAY 2013 - Please help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Download the latest Question Papers for free

click here