ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Career as Merger & Amalgamation Consultant

RAHUL AGARWAL (Financial Assistant) (38 Points)

26 July 2011  

Dear Friends,

I am a CA-Finalist and a CS, I want to have a career as a Merger & Amalgamation Consultant. What skills shall I develop and the path shall I choose to make a successful career in this field. I will highly grateful to you, if you kindly guide me to reach my goal.

Thank You.

4 Replies

sivaram (Asst Mgr-Taxation) (6918 Points)
Replied 26 July 2011

Dear Mr Rahul

This can be answered only by experts working in Big4. My simple advise as a first step is to read the Book Titled "Mergers and Take Overs "Published by Bombay Chartered Accountants Society 

2 Like

Iron Maiden (CS ) (463 Points)
Replied 26 July 2011

i think you should do the post qualification course of ICSI in corpotate restructuring,which is going to be introduced soon.

1 Like

Mack... (N/A.) (175 Points)
Replied 26 July 2011

You are already a CA+CS . I  think you should complement your skill set with an MBA from a top institute. From there you can join any BIG 4 who have practice in M&A....My best wishes

Syed Faraz (Manager, Audit, KPMG) (375 Points)
Replied 27 July 2011

It's Mergers and Acquisitions.. not Amalgamations.. It's extremely, extremely difficult to get a post in the core M&A business even for the brightest students. My friend, rank-holding CA, a CFA (US CFAI) and a very smart guy got referred by two people including me in GS but still dint get picked. Investment Banks hire a tiny number for the post every year. Maybe 1 or 2. Some years they don't hire at all! So dont wait for it. Keep working on an alternative thing while pursuing it.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register