Capital gain

Dear sir,

                  I built my house that took time for 2 years that are F.Y. 1995-96 and 1996-97 and total cost of the house was 3.75 lac now I have sold the house in F.Y. 2010-11 for 17.30 lac. Please tell me what is may capital gain as I am confused about Cost Index because I don't know which F.Y. cost index is to be taken. Please help.

Replies (3)

Dear Krishanu,


Please find attached herewith the file for the Capital Gains Tax Calculation.


Regards,

Devendra K

Sir I have a little confusion

In Your sheet CII is 385

May I know how this CII came

Cost of improvement should be caluclated taking the CII of both the years.

Say xxxx Rs(estimated amount spent in year 1) X CII of 1st Year

and then xxxx Rs(estimated amount spent in year 2) X CII of 2nd Year

 

Regards

 

Join us on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sampoorna/184315778304697

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
10 October 2026
Accounts Associate Level 1

Abic and Mani Chartered Accountants

Kottayam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details