Cancelling gst registration, didn't filed returns?

Rahul b (n/a) (73 Points)

31 August 2019  

Hi,

I was registered for GST in April 2018. I export services to other countries and get money in USD. I have given no services to Indian companies. I registered because some freelance sites were asking for it. There was a misunderstanding that people who have turnover below 20 lakhs and who have GST zero rated need not file the returns. I didn't file any. Now, I get to know that I had to file returns. Since My turnover is below 20 lakhs, I want to cancel GST registration. What should I do for it. How much penalty I have to pay?

thanks

Hi, I was registered for GST in April 2018. I export services to other countries and get money in USD. I have given no services to Indian companies. I registered because some freelance sites were asking for it. There was a misunderstanding that people who have turnover below 20 lakhs and who have GST zero rated need not file the returns. I didn't file any. Now, I get to know that I had to file returns. Since My turnover is below 20 lakhs, I want to cancel GST registration. What should I do for it. How much penalty I have to pay? thanks

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/experts/cancelling-gst-registration-didn-t-filed-returns--2760279.asp